• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

2010 Olympics

stuffradio

Super Moderator#1
NLC
So,

it's 2007... only 3 years away. We're going to start seeing the effects by it in the next year or two, and it'll hit us in 2010. Anyone on FWS going to see it? I'm not cause:
a) Tickets sold out like 3 years a go
b) I'm sure they were like $10,000 each or something :lol:
Who knows how much they are but only 1100 days left, or 1099 depending where you live.

Meh, I don't give a crap about the olympics. That said, I might see if I can go watch the 2012 ones in London.

I could see myself making a road trip out there and try to score some tickets for the hockey gold medal game. Of course, that won't work out too well, but, there's gotta be tickets for...short track speed skating or something.

Although, maybe by then I'll live in Van city. That would be pretty sweet. Was too young to remember the 88 Olympics in Calgary.

Hmm, well Vancouver pricing will be shooting up because of the olympics. My suggestion to you is to live in a more suberb area that is a bit cheaper ;)

Or you could buy a 50" HDTV for less than $10k and have the freedom to watch it comfortably with a nice cold beer and still feel like you are there.

I have spoken!

Well, im hoping to get to a few of the events in 2012 when it hits the UK, just because i might not get another chance and its on my doorstep, I have no idea what i would go and see though, i would probably rather actually watch the winter ones, they are better viewing. the new snowboard races event that they introduced is awesome, i hope they repeat that one, then of course there is the hockey, so yeah :) have fun, sadly for me theres that plain ticket to canada to think of :(

Meh, Miami is lame ;)

I assume you speak spanish right LV3servers? Or are you one of the few who don't :p

I'm actually one of the few ones who don't....

and it really annoys me when I go to the gas station to buy cigarettes and I am greeted with a "ola"... I reply nicely "HELLO!". Hopefully something will be done to prohibit anything other than English on signs and tv commercials, that would help us (non spanish speakers) a lot in Miami ;)

and it really annoys me when I go to the gas station to buy cigarettes and I am greeted with a "ola"... I reply nicely "HELLO!". Hopefully something will be done to prohibit anything other than English on signs and tv commercials, that would help us (non spanish speakers) a lot in Miami ;)
Haha, come to Quebec :lol:
They're fighting to make everything french. For example according to them, Second Cup should become Deuxieme Tasse :eek:

Haha, come to Quebec :lol:
They're fighting to make everything french. For example according to them, Second Cup should become Deuxieme Tasse :eek:

I speak french fluently so that wouldn't be a problem for me :angel:

But there is a HUGE difference between french and french canadian.... I absolutely cannot understand a word when french canadians speak. And Second cup would be in REGULAR french "Seconde Coupe" .... argh

Vancouver is only a few hours away, but I think i'll probably avoid it at all costs. The place will be sofa king busy.

I may hit up the opening/closing ceremonies/party, however.

Back