• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

25 lines..yet again....this is 25

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you place them into quotes it will exceed 25 lines for sure. I know that, however, when I posted it I checked and double checked my line count. Jan, can you remove the quote and simply post the original post as a post by itself because what I quoted in my original post is the original post copied and pasted EXACTLY. But the quote box will make the paragraph return more lines.

And my problem isn't really with the my infraction(s) but with the way it is adminstered. I mean...if it -really- does vary with resolution...then the current way of doing it is CLEARLY flawed. I hope this isn't taken as a bash because regardless of who you are, you should be able to see a flaw and fix it when it is evident.

And the reason we include how the account will be setup is because we do normally have an automated system with a checkout link, however, due to the current condition of our business (re-construction essentially) the pricing is being done manually. Not that it is of any significant in this topic.

But back on topic, I guess I will simply start taking screen shots of every one of my offers in case this happens in the future.

Again this is an EXACT COPY of what Jan posted as my original post and once again I will COUNT the lines out.

----
1) Digital World Host can offer you our line of shared hosting as well as a customized plan all with our new pricing scheme
2)
3) Shared Hosting Plans:
4) Tier 1 - BW: 10 GB; HD: 2.5 GB for only $1.00/month
5) Tier 2 - BW: 20 GB; HD: 5 GB for only $1.60/month
6) Tier 3 - BW: 30 GB; HD: 7.5 GB for only $2.10/month
7) Tier 4 - BW: 40 GB; HD: 10 GB for only $2.40/month
8) Tier 5 - BW: 80 GB; HD: 20 GB for only $4.00/month
9) Customized Plan: BW: 120 GB; HD: 30 GB for only $6.00/month
10) ***One Time Setup Charge of $1.00***
11)
12) What's included:
13) cPanel 11 + Fantastico Deluxe
14) Number of features to meet your needs
15)
16) Why Us?
17) 1) online for over 2.5 years;
18) 2) have kept a 99.7% uptime through this time;
19) 3) and have zero negative public reviews (any problems have been 20) resolved to the satisfaction of both parties in private).
20)
21) Read our reviews and uptime at http://www.webhostingstuff.com/compa...WorldHost.html
22)
23) Please note that if you are interested please contact us via email at sales@digitalworldhost.com or me personally. Because we are currently revamping our billing and support system we are unable to provide you with an order link and everything will have to be done manually by a member of our staff. Once our new billing system is setup you will be added to the database. We apologize for this.
-----

Again that is EXACTLY 25 lines for me and that is after my numbering has taken up some space infront of each line for the paragraph, causing the paragraph to indent earlier than they did in my original post.

EDIT: Again a screen shot of what I see:

25lines.jpg

Last edited:
It's only because of the quoting that it overflowed to the 26th, other than that I still see 25 lines here too.

Post a reply, use the size font to reduce it?

like so (just the not as important bits though)

Jan, can you remove the quote and simply post the original post as a post by itself
I took a screenshot of the original post.

Oh it won't fit as an attachment. Hang tight while I upload it.

tangpost.jpg

Ok maybe we should just void this infraction first, then state CLEARLY what RESOLUTION will be used to judge this kind of stuff from now onwards?

Signatures are moderated at 1024 resolution, so posts are too.
Signature rules: Your signature can have a maximum of 4 lines at 1024 resolution and must be in normal font size or smaller, no quote tags, and only two smilies. Links are allowed here, but no reseller links or links to sites that are not your own [no selling your signature like ad space].

Okay. Fair enough. Guess my laptop widescreen is what made me see only 25.

And just my opinion but I think some level of buffer space should be allowed.

25 lines is plenty if you just answer the request. Don't include all your plans and all the other superfluous crud. In fact you have actually broken another rule in that you didn't offer what was requested, but all your plans ;)

He didn't offer a specific enough request for it to be narrowed down to one plan, at least that is my humble opinion.

Acutually, i was wondering why the forum kept insisting my siggy was over 4 lines when it was only 3, i guess that explains it!

1024x768 is pretty much the minimum resoloution these days. 1300x900 is pretty much becoming standard. If anything it should be based on that.

However i have to agree, if this rule stays in place, perhaps it should be more clear in the posting of the rule itself that its based on 1024x768.

How about i find you guys nice cheap ones. Jan your in Aus, im sure i can get you a nice 22" LCD for under $200.
Dan you about to be... :D

Or, you ( I ) could work out the average amount of printed characters in 25 lines at the forums ( Jan/Peo whatever ) resolution, then enforce that as a maximum instead of lines, much easier to enforce me thinks ...

Yeah. If we could get a counter for Characters in a post and restrict it to those or to amount of words, it would be much easier.

I think the character count would be best, just an up counter, and the limits for offers stated in the rules at xxx characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back