• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

25 lines..yet again....this is 25

Status
Not open for further replies.

T^2

[-]
NLC
So I got yet another infraction for 25 lines...however this time I think I am falsely accused. I have copied and pasted my original post and have inserted the line numbers as best I could and I get exactly 25 lines.

----
1: Digital World Host can offer you our line of shared hosting as well as a customized plan all with our new pricing scheme
2:
3: Shared Hosting Plans:
4: Tier 1 - BW: 10 GB; HD: 2.5 GB for only $1.00/month
5: Tier 2 - BW: 20 GB; HD: 5 GB for only $1.60/month
6: Tier 3 - BW: 30 GB; HD: 7.5 GB for only $2.10/month
7: Tier 4 - BW: 40 GB; HD: 10 GB for only $2.40/month
8: Tier 5 - BW: 80 GB; HD: 20 GB for only $4.00/month
9: Customized Plan: BW: 120 GB; HD: 30 GB for only $6.00/month
10: ***One Time Setup Charge of $1.00***
11:
12: What's included:
13: cPanel 11 + Fantastico Deluxe
14: Number of features to meet your needs
15:
16: Why Us?
17: 1) online for over 2.5 years;
18: 2) have kept a 99.7% uptime through this time;
19: 3) and have zero negative public reviews (any problems have been resolved to the satisfaction of both parties in private).
20:
21: Read our reviews and uptime at http://www.webhostingstuff.com/compa...WorldHost.html
22:
23: Please note that if you are interested please contact us via email at sales@digitalworldhost.com or me personally. Because we are currently revamping our billing and support system we are unable to provide you with an order link and everything will have to be done manually by a member of our staff. Once our new billing system is setup you will be added to the database. We apologize for this.
----

I stopped at 23 because that is a paragraph with no forced returns and to me it comes to exactly 25 lines. Want to go easy with the infractions Dan?

EDIT ADD: A screen shot of what I see -->
25.jpg

Last edited:
25 lines here too. This rule has never made much sense to me because it would depend what rez you are on to how many rows the offer was...

Last edited:
ITs happened to me.
Its because of the different resoloutions everyone views the forum at i think.
As far as im concerned a line is when you press enter.
Otherwise whats the point, To me its was probly 25, even with the word wrap.
At 800x600 tho its several more. Even some of the shorter lines there take up more than one.

Is the original post gone?

Yes, it was removed with my infraction. However, with the infraction notice I got a quoted version of it and I just simply copied and pasted what was in it.

And to me, a cap is needed sure, but the way it is enforced could be better. And as others have said..different resolutions will yield different line counts if a forced line break is not used.

Yup, I'm sure it's just a mistake. But what I don't get is who keeps on just reviewing my posts?! My previous 2 infractions (in the past month or so) for line numbers I had 26 lines...:S looks like somebody really doesn't like my offers.

Carefull now remember the other rule - about bashing mods :wink2:

PM him and state your case and ask the thread is removed :)

We all make mistooks - it's human...

Carefull now remember the other rule - about bashing mods :wink2:

PM him and state your case and ask the thread is removed :)

We all make mistooks - it's human...

There's no bashing here. I have a point and case to make. =) 25 lines is 25 lines that's all.

All I want is for the infraction to be removed and an apology for the mistake that was made.

Last edited:
This is taken from the infraction:
Digital World Host can offer you our line of shared hosting as well as a customized plan all with our new pricing scheme

Shared Hosting Plans:
Tier 1 - BW: 10 GB; HD: 2.5 GB for only $1.00/month
Tier 2 - BW: 20 GB; HD: 5 GB for only $1.60/month
Tier 3 - BW: 30 GB; HD: 7.5 GB for only $2.10/month
Tier 4 - BW: 40 GB; HD: 10 GB for only $2.40/month
Tier 5 - BW: 80 GB; HD: 20 GB for only $4.00/month
Customized Plan: BW: 120 GB; HD: 30 GB for only $6.00/month
***One Time Setup Charge of $1.00***

What's included:
cPanel 11 + Fantastico Deluxe
Number of features to meet your needs

Why Us?

1) online for over 2.5 years;
2) have kept a 99.7% uptime through this time;
3) and have zero negative public reviews (any problems have been resolved to the satisfaction of both parties in private).

Read our reviews and uptime at http://www.webhostingstuff.com/company/DigitalWorldHost.html

Please note that if you are interested please contact us via email at sales@digitalworldhost.com or me personally. Because we are currently revamping our billing and support system we are unable to provide you with an order link and everything will have to be done manually by a member of our staff. Once our new billing system is setup you will be added to the database. We apologize for this.
Looks like 28 to me, but then it is only 5.45am and I could be seeing things ;)

Sorry Jan, but that is definitely 25 lines if you take away the second set of quotes. It is exceeding the 25 lines limit by 1 word with the quotes: this.

Screenshot:

Last edited:
This is taken from the infraction:

Looks like 28 to me, but then it is only 5.45am and I could be seeing things ;)

It looks like this ends at "this." and that goes to a new line so its 26. On the screenshot the OP posted it dose come out to 25. I think her screen mite be a wide screen moniter and I can understand this being a simple error and I honestly with out bashing the moderators see this as a simple mistake anyone can make and IMHO the warning should be reversed.

On 1024 resolution, these are lines 26-29:
sales@digitalworldhost.com or me personally. Because we are currently revamping our billing and support system we are unable to provide you with an order link and everything will have to be done manually by a member of our staff. Once our new billing system is setup you will be added to the database. We apologize for this.
Just leave off what isn't a part of the offer and you should be fine :)

On 1024 resolution, these are lines 26-29:

Just leave off what isn't a part of the offer and you should be fine :)

You got the op there. Seriously how hard is it to install whmcs or ipanel or ihost or clientexec and set itup.

Actually, what we are trying to do is quite hard (it won't be very conventional, so just setting up whmcs, ipanel, or ihost etc. won't do it).

Anyways, that is not part of the argument here, the thing is, by 25 lines, which resolution are we supposed to be using? Or should it be whatever the majority of the population is using? If the latter is true, then Tang's post did not break the rules.

I completely agree with limiting the length of a reply, but for a rule that limits the line count on a forum, shouldn't it be based on the majority of the population? Since a forum, by definition is a public meeting or assembly for open discussion!

Once again, I have nothing against the regulation itself, but I do have something against how open-ended of a regulation it is.

Sorry If I digressed. I agree with you. Maybe have an automated program Jan or peo to just block the post saying its to long?

I see 26 on this small monitor as well. T^2, I suggest you just remove a few lines, some of that stuff you put isn't really needed in an offer ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back