• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

3ix.org problems

xplicit2

Help24x7: Welcome to 3iX live chat, my name is Annabel, please hold for a moment, I am reviewing your question.

Help24x7: How may I help you today?

Paul: my site keeps going down

Paul: i have 2000 hits a day

Paul: is that too much for ur servers

Help24x7: we allow max 2000 hits for expert OR extreme plan

Paul: er

Paul: ive had no hits today

Paul: because the site is down

Help24x7: site is working fine

Paul: 2 mins ago it wasnt

Paul: only when i went into cpanel it started workin again

Paul: then after 5 mins it stopped

Paul: then started again

Help24x7: the site is working fine

Paul: no the site isnt working fine

Paul: it keeps goin offline

Paul: nobody has been on it today

Paul: because its not working fine.

Help24x7: its working fine

Help24x7: Movies

Help24x7: * American Pie Beta House (2007)

Help24x7: * Baby Mama (2008)

Help24x7: * Iron Man (2008)

Help24x7: * Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008)

Help24x7: * Pitch Black: Chronicles of Rid---- (2004)

Help24x7: * Sex and the city (2008)

Help24x7: * The Butterfly Effect

Help24x7: * The Strangers (2008)

Help24x7: * This is England (2008)

Help24x7: Tv Series

Paul: clever

Paul: except it isnt work fine

Paul: its having 99% downtime

Paul: thats not it workin fine.

Help24x7: ok

Help24x7: cancel hosting as we are unable to host it

Help24x7: due to heavy traffic

Help24x7: otherwise upgrade the plan to extreme

Paul: i ordered this over the phone

Paul: ffs

anyone else getting f-ed by them?

WOW!

I wonder what happened to your host, xplicit2. This shouldn't have happened in the first place. From the conversation, i see that you are using an expert plan?

Anyway, it was hard to believe this, because the hosting plans stated on their website looks weird. Is there such thing as unlimited bandwidth in the first place? I was guessing they don't even have enough bandwidth on their server to start on with.

Furthermore, even if you upgrade your plan to Extreme, it will NOT solve the problem because the difference between the 2 plans are mainly the webspace that they provide. :(

Run xplicit2 Run! Backup all your files and prepare to find a new host! :cry2:

lol 2000 hits per day? :O
Thats got to be the lamest condition too an "unlimited" plan yet.

I thought that too fnix, 2000 hits a day is dumb, I'd just do what everyone else says, run from them, come to the dark side :lol: No seriously, get with a stable host

I've had a wonderful "live chat" with 3iX today. This is what i got from Shawn, the operator:

Live-Chat: Welcome to 3iX live chat, my name is Shawn, please hold for a moment, I am reviewing your question.

Live-Chat: How may I help you today?

Alex: Hello

Alex: i was looking through the webhosting, and saw the Extra plan

Live-Chat: Hi Alex

Alex: how much monthly bandwidth will be available on my account?

Live-Chat: monthly bandwidth is

Live-Chat: unlimited for that plan

Alex: but is there such a thing as unlimited? i've about a few hundreds visitor daily, that makes it a few thousands monthly.. do u think it can hold?

Live-Chat: you should have no problem

Live-Chat: I am sorry I am not getting you. how you can say there is no such things like unlimited bandwidth

Alex: network lines that carry data around the web have finite capacity, hence unlimited bandwidth doesnt exist

Live-Chat: Well it is unlimited monthly bandwidth. After one month the counts begin from zero again
(don't we already know that? then why is it called "monthly" in the first place)

Alex: yes i get that. but the thing is, i'm having a huge amount of visitors daily, and since there is no such thing as unlimited bandwidth, my site can go down in a few days if the server doesn't have enough capacity

Live-Chat: but keep in mind that you can not use more than 10% of CPU usage on the server as it is shared server

Alex: yes i know that but not bandwidth

Live-Chat: you can contact sales@3ix.org and get your doubt cleared

Alex: isn't this sales?

Live-Chat: nope! this is technical support

Alex: well, then you're wrong yourself. the Contact page wrote: Sales 24x7 Live Chat. NOT technical support

Alex: and if you're a technical support staff, the more you should have knowledge on unlimited bandwidth

Live-Chat: Is there anything else I can help you with?

Alex: please answer my question, Shawn

Live-Chat: I know that we provide unlimited bandwidth and no client had issue with it till now. if you have you can email on sales@3ix.org. Our admins will answer your queries

Alex: there are customers from 3iX who are facing problem. look, you're not honest, Shawn.

Live-Chat: So if you have problem with us so you can find any other host. Client have problem with every hosting provider. And we have lots of happy customer.

Alex: oh, so 3iX is misleading the customers, and you're not doing something to stop it, are you? you're just going to continue misleading them into buying attractive unlimited plans without them knowing there isnt such a thing

Live-Chat: Thank you for chatting. Good-bye.

Chat session has been terminated by the site operator.

And poof! Off the operator goes! :lol:

Last edited:
haha..

when i saw this thread earlier, i was tempted to use their live chat link mylesf :p

Good work!

I just couldn't resist :lol:

info: Please wait for an operator to respond.
info: You are now connected.

Live-Chat: Welcome to 3iX live chat, my name is Susan, please hold for a moment, I am reviewing your question.

Live-Chat: The EXTREME plan costs US$8 /month, you get 500,000mb (500GB) of disk space and unlimited bandwidth, you can also host unlimited websites in the same plan

Adam Parton: I would like to know if you can offer guanteed "unlimited" bandwidth

Live-Chat: Our bandwidth is unlimited, we GUARANTEE you will never be charged for more bandwidth, sure some clients use a lot, but we have 30,000 clients we look at it as a whole

Adam Parton: You do know that bandwidth cables cannot hold unlimited bandwidth, the most is a 1000mbit line, which is 330,000gb...

Adam Parton: This is practically false advertising. I know for a fact, nobody can offer unlimited bandwidth. I've worked in the business, so I know for a fact.

Live-Chat: Well, do you know what is bandwidth exactly?

Live-Chat: In computer networks, bandwidth is often used as a synonym for data transfer rate - the amount of data that can be carried from one point to another in a given time period (usually a second). This kind of bandwidth is usually expressed in bits (of data) per second (bps). Occasionally, it's expressed as bytes per second (Bps).

Adam Parton: Of course I know what it is. I ain't a little kid.. Unlike some in the industry.

Live-Chat: Please check the above given definition of bandwidth

Adam Parton: I am clearly pointing out you Cannot offer unlimited bandwidth, this is false advertising.

Adam Parton: I have just said "I do know what it is"

Adam Parton: I work in the industry, read above, I've mentioned it before...

Live-Chat: Then we do provide unlimited bandwidth

Live-Chat: We are also working in industry since 2003

Adam Parton: You do not! You have to have a cap on there, whether it be 3000gb, 30,000gb, 300,000gb

Live-Chat: When did you start working in industry?

Adam Parton: And why should I discuss this with you? You have tried to change the subject.

Adam Parton: Remember, the customer is always right.

Live-Chat: Yeah, the customer is always right, but sometimes the comments of customer are wrong

Live-Chat: There is no need to place a cap, because we do provide unlimited bandwidth

Adam Parton: Listen, if you can really offer "Unlimited" then you seriously have a problem. Unmetered can be done, but that still has a cap.

Live-Chat: Is there anything else I can help you with?

Adam Parton: You don't! I can tell for a fact. I know after reviewing company after company, there is no such thing.

Damn I love to proove people wrong :lol:

Script talk FTL <3
Why can't they have any people who actually know what they are talking about anymore, instead of just a script :(

No I did, "she" got on my bloody nerves! I was so close to swearing at her, so just had to leave before I got too pissed off..

kj

they said if i cancel hosting ill have to pay for the domain as it came free with the account

except i cant keep the domain since they are closing the account :/

xplicit2, you shouldn't have to pay for the domain...it was a bonus with the account, so legally you shouldn't be forced to pay for it.

I'm not really sure how this stuff works, but if they give it to you for free, it should be your domain for FREE. check their ToS to make sure it is so.

Also, i'd like to ask if you have a control panel to control the domain? is the domain management panel from the company itself, or from an external registrar?

:beer:

Back