• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

5GB space, 50GB transfer PHP/MySQL hosting with site builder and script installator

Michau

I'm pleased to announce the opening of our services:
http://www.05host.com/

We offer the following features:

* 5GB disk space
* 50GB monthly bandwidth
* PHP
* MySQL
* Site builder
* Zantastico script installer (phpBB, Joomla and countless others)
* Domain hosting
* Instant setup
* AwStats
* No forum posting - completely free

Please check us out!
http://www.05host.com/

Yeah.
This looks great.
Only things is Ive never installed forum script before and even though it has an auto script installer I dont know what to fill in the fields when installing any of the forum scripts...or anything else for that matter.
The SQl db name,etc etc..
Can anyone guide a dummy on how to do this in easy to follow steps?
Starting with creating a db to getting the forum script working on there.

I would be very grateful.

Squeak - basically the installer copies all the files for your, but you have to create the database yourself. You have to click the "Create MySQL databases" icon in your admin panel.

First, use the "Create database" panel to create the database. Then create a user by using "Create user" panel. Third, use "Assign privileges" panel to assign the user to the database. Now you have database name, database user and database password. You then simply enter these when installing your forum. When it asks for database server or host, enter "localhost".

Thanks Michau..
I think the only thing I didnt do was assign priviliges bit.
Ill give it ago again soon...

When I go to the app installer there is a field I need to fill in that says 'Target Directory'
What exactly do I need to add there?

Squeak: the "target directory" is a name of the folder where you want to have your script installed. You can choose any subfolder name; it will be created for you and the script will be put in it. You can also install your script in the main directory - in this case, enter just a slash: /

If you install the script in main directory, remember to delete the default "index.html" file, otherwise you won't be able to see your script.

Sorted..Thanks..Actually turns out I didnt quite fill in the name,user etc fields correctly :eek:

Anyway,Im just testing your service out,but may still delete it...Not sure yet...Thanks though.:)

Back