• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

8host.com--to good to be true?

Look at the Starter2 plan --- you get 300mb with 1 GB transfer. *LOL* . And I bet the only "unlimited" thing they offer is displaying the word "unlimited".

Last edited:
15GB maybe since my host gives me good service with 10GB transfer at $60/year. But 4GB space, no way.

Who knows? These new hosts might be rich, spoiled 16 year olds who have access to T1+ lines..

Edit--Typo--Knew

Last edited:
If they are CIHost, stay away from them. Don´t even try any service having anything to do with them... or for that matter anything that has anything to do with them.

Even if they don´t, I would not recommend joining with 8host because quite frankly I pay for what I get. And 4GB of space is not $8 per month.

Originally posted by PyschoPath
Who knows? These knew hosts might be rich, spoiled 16 year olds who have access to T1+ lines..

Feedback from customers doesn't suggest that they provide reasonable services.

300 MB of space at 1GB monthly transfer for only $2.99 is just rediculous anyway and would most likely entice someone who knows absolutely nothing about hosting to buy the package, which is what most of these dodgy hosts intend on achieving with advertising such bull shit. Obviously, once the 30 day money back gurantee expires and a site goes over the 1 GB limit, they'll suspend the site. Only somebody who knows something about web hosting would realize that there is no way that he/she can maintain a large web site with only 1 GB monthly transfer if their site recieves a lot of hits, that is.

Check out their upgrading offers, there's no mention of upgrading on monthly transfers...obviously this site is targetting innocent webmasters who know nothing about what they are getting themselves into.

One other thing, if a web host wants to be genuine and offer web hosting, then they she should consider offering affordable hosting with reasonable services. The services that 8Host.com offer are unrealistic and clearly targetted at newbies. I don't recommend them either.

Originally posted by Korval

Feedback from customers doesn't suggest that they provide reasonable services.

300 MB of space at 1GB monthly transfer for only $2.99 is just rediculous anyway

Actually 2.99 isn't that cheap for 1GB transfer, now 300mb space does seem augmented.

Back