• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Ace-host.net

Dusked

http://ace-host.net/

Has anyone ever used this host? And what's it like? I want to get the special package... but I'm a little wary because it say's that the deal "ends today", but Iv'e seen that before and it was there the next day. If someone has used it please tell me because I'd like to take the deal if they are reliable. Thanks (and sorry if this is in the wrong section).

Just stay Away from them ....

Many ppl at WHT told me bad things about them ! Their Apache is totally Craped up !

i dont really think its fair to make a comment on a host you never used.
also, sometimes as company's get larger, they can accomidate overselling as they have the means of actually supplying the customers with the bandwidth they need unlike newly formed hosts.

in any case, i would search around google.com or even webhostingtalk.com to see if anything comes up. =)

I signed up 4 domains with ace-host.net and I was happy with them for a few weeks (everything worked fine except the back up restore function on one server).

Then suddenly one site goes down and I get an e-mail saying that their server had been hacked and all my files are lost, but that they have salvaged the SQL databases. I had a back up on another server, so I restored (manually via ftp because the automatic function did not work) my site. However, I don't know what they did to the database, but it never worked with the corresponding scripts again. Their customer support consisted of apologies for the security failure - about 12 apologies, but no technical help. Apparently the back ups they supposedly maintain are kept on the respective server and hence are vulnerable under the same hacker attack (their words).

I had just decided to move that domain to a different host when my other site went down. Now, the first was a new business and really a few days here or there aren't a big deal. But the second one is my main business and even a few hours downtime are a big deal.

I opened a support ticket to enquire what the problem was, assuming this server got hacked too. Some 36 hours (and 3 reminders) later I am told that my site was deleted because it used more than 23% of CPU. The only thing I run that is a bit CPU heavy is a UBB forum and no host has ever had a problem with this (I've been with a few over the last 8 years).

After a further 4 requests I am told that my files will be made available to me but my account will not be reactivated. Mind you I paid them for a full years hosting on all my domains, so at least now we know how they make their money - they scammed me by 9 months.

The promise to send my files was 3 days and many requests ago. They simply close the support ticket without response.

Not getting my files is not a disaster. I have a back up from a few weeks ago, but this puts a serious dent in the dynamic part of the site such as the forums.

My advice is to stay FAR FAR away from them. If their shocking tech support and customer service isn't enough to put you off then consider their poor server security. Kinda funny cos they are the only host i have ever been with that displays the "Hacker Safe" logo on their homepage, while being the only one I know that ever got kernel hacked.

My experience with ace-host.net has been as poor as can be, but as an experienced (yet unskilled) webmaster I am in a position where the damage is limited by foresight. I would hate for others to get into this frustrating situation though.

At this point I am still waiting for my back up files, but i doubt I will ever receive them (the support ticket just got closed again). I am glad they did this after 3 months rather than 6 months as this means I can do a charge back from my credit card on all 4 domains. I'd like to see them try to sue me in Australia ;)

So yeah folks, stay away from ace-host.net.
If anyone needs more info or wants proof I am happy to provide it.

Sorry to hear about your bad experiences with ace-host. Hope you get your files back and good luck with your new host!

I have had Ace-net hosting for some time now and have not had one problem with them. They are fast, cheap, up time is 99.9 percent and they offer a lot. I know it sounds like a "to good to be true" statement. But, I have had no problems with them. When I did call to check on a few things, I got a REAL person. Setup was easy to. There are so many people that will talk crap one way or another about certain places just so they themselves get your business. I can only speak for me. I run a few business websites for people on it and there have been no issues. The only thing I recommended to them is they get an 800 number and possibly a better money back guarantee. Ohter then that, I like them.

Seems fine for my uses

I have been using Ace-host for about 5 months. Considering the very cheap price and features offered I think to start talking about mission critical businesses on such a plan is pointless, get a host at business prices.

I run a community - tikiwiki website - group as well as keeping a load of my photos and share the odd files with friends.
Apart from the initial configuration which took a few days to get dns resolving (and at which point, I spoke with a real person) I have had NO problems whatsoever.

I find that the initial first access to the site can be a bit slow (3-5 seconds) but I guess this is kicking the mysql db into life. After this, access is fine, speedy even.
Downloading things from this site is 200-300k sec, but thats probably cause I'm in Australia on 10mbit cable.

Response of the Nuke / wordpress / tiki websites is almost as quick as my local easyphp installation.

To not sound completely glowing, I've had a few issues unzipping large .zip files. Maybe I need to change a dir setting from /tmp I think, worked around it though. The unzipping process is very fast, seems to be a space issue (which is a config on my side). Perhaps about time to fax drivers license to get ssh access.

I have had a few problems with paths of binaries on the machine, but again, faq / call sorted this out straight away.

Uptime AFAIK has been 100%.

I would put up a link, but an ace-host competitor would probably leech my site and waste my bandwith. You'll have to trust me.

For the price I'm paying I'm more than happy and if I were a business owner would consider running on this service if I were totally strapped for cash. I was expecting it to be a lot worse than it is but at the end of the day, you will not be disappointed considering the outlay at all. I really can't see getting a better service / package anywhere else. If someone knows of one, let me know.

Enjoy life.. :)

Last edited:
Jayanth.M.P said:
I wonder why all those who have said good about ace-host have only 1 post under their name........Uh...

yeah... i think the posts could be made by Ace-Host themselves.

it would be nice if a moderator helps us to verify their ip :)

A friend of mine used them for a while and when i asked who was his web host he sent me the link i noticed that there plans were a little to pricey to my likes. After a few weeks passed by he said that they were not "good" i take it he has some downtime and he then moved to a new hosting provider. I would not recomend them.

Hi everyone:
I bought ace-host's cheap package two days ago. Within these two days, I didn't find any inconvenience. I submitted three support tickets for some questions, they replied me each one within 5 minutes. I think there service is not as bad as some people said above. Well, I know it's hard to say whether this company is strong or not, but at least they are doing well for me. Actually, I'm quite happy with this company, and I hope it's not going to be as bad as some people said.

Thanks guys.

Back