• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Ad Free, Post4Host, or Ads - The Ultimate Question

Which do you prefer?

• Nothing

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • Ad Supported

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Post4Host

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Link Back

Votes: 4 14.8%

• Total voters

Thorny

Hey there,

Im pretty sure this question has been posted heaps of times but i can't find it, so i decided to create "another!" one: So here goes, which do you prefer,

• Post4Host
  • Ad Supported
  • No Ads
  • Link Back

If you could make your decision in the poll above and then post a reason why that'd be great.

All the best
Sam

I will honestly say Ads Supported has got to be the one for me whether i am the company owner or just a client, simply because i know that
a) if im a company owner im still making a little income
b) if im a client i know im still giving something in return!

I would say it all depends on what you want. if you are succesfully monetising your host through other methods, then pos4host give you a great community which is always good.

However, ads generally bring in more revenue

I like post 2 host personally. I feel that its the best for your money. I don't like ads on my site that arn't mine. And i feel like a non ad hosting company with no posting required would just shut down. So thats what I like. I like this as a web host admin also. It makes everything more interesting. Yet then again thats how I started out and so thats what I'm used to.

Ad supported, and Post2Host are always the best when it comes to being a Free Host, or being a client of one. This way you know that their gunna be around. Those that dont ask for anything in return, will always fail within the first month or so.

I say run a paid host and a free host together.

It's like allowing users to sample before buying :)

1. No Ads
2. Post for Host

And if you would prefer, give them an optional link back. This is now what I see in a free host. At first, I thought that ad-free was the only choice. However with the introduction of kwix host, I have understood that posting is also acceptable, as long as the requirements are not high.

Any more questions? I have been a free host user for a long time and know what to look for. Just pm me :wave:

Ad-supported, because I want the provider to get something in return. So that the service is available for a long time.

Ad Supported would be best if you're out to make money. Otherwise, Post2Host is recommended as you get to know your users better and you can develop an active community in the process.

i voted for post 2 host, you will be needing ads if you dont provide forum support or your forum is not for webmaster, but if you wanna grow your community, then ads are not needed, that's my opinion.

I go for post2host. That way you can have an active community and give better support. As well as bring in a lot of traffic. Also, you could even put ads on the forum to earn some income from all the traffic.

Back