• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Advice on my first PHP script. (PHP)

Lapras

Hi everyone,
I just started out learning PHP. I have a script idea and anyway, I have a question to ask. My script (which when I'm done with I will announce) has a function where it can resolve a domain name IP. At least, that's what I want it to do. How can I set my script up so it can get an IP address associated with a domain name?
-Pardon my lack of expertise in this area if my question you find to be a strange one, anyway, if I'm successfull it will be a remarkable maybe even famous script, though it will take me a while to build.
-Thanks for hearing me out, Lapras.

simple solution, php functions: gethostbyaddr and gethostbyname.
real solution: dns resolver (som reference, phpclasses.org)

regards,

forumdirectory, I am well aware that my script may not become famous, however, what I mean is that knowing what my script is (correct me if I'm wrong I don't believe I told you what my script was? now did I?) it is actually quite an impressive idea I think at least and since it can potentially solve a notable problem it could potentially be well known. Perhaps you did not precisely mean to type what you did, but if you did please consider a less seemingly unconstructive criticism in the future. :)

Lapras said:
forumdirectory, I am well aware that my script may not become famous, however, what I mean is that knowing what my script is (correct me if I'm wrong I don't believe I told you what my script was? now did I?) it is actually quite an impressive idea I think at least and since it can potentially solve a notable problem it could potentially be well known. Perhaps you did not precisely mean to type what you did, but if you did please consider a less seemingly unconstructive criticism in the future. :)
Well, you did say:
"I have a script idea and anyway, I have a question to ask. My script (which when I'm done with I will announce) has a function where it can resolve a domain name IP."

jmiller said:
Well, you did say:
"I have a script idea and anyway, I have a question to ask. My script (which when I'm done with I will announce) has a function where it can resolve a domain name IP."

I believe he meant that part of his script will do a reserve lookup on an IP and detect the hostname. But the script itself, in one piece, will be something that can be useful to other users and does carry the possibility to become famous and useful.

Back