• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Another BB/Forum question, but something New

Peter65

Another BB/Forum question, but something different

Hi...

You guys must be bored with repeated questions about which is good Bulletin Board or Forum. My question is little different.

I don't want the replies to be appear as expanded as it is appearing all the latest BB softwares. I want all the replies of the topics to appear as links (like threaded forum).

Example: phpBuilder's forum

http://www.phpbuilder.com/forum/read.php3?num=2&id=197803&thread=197803

Where can I get such scripts? Any hints..

Peter

Last edited:
Meh, I find them perfectly easy to read.
Nice and clean, with out all sorts of extra stuff.
Funny you'd say such a thing, as you seem to be affiliates with ibforums.

Originally posted by jmiller
Meh, I find them perfectly easy to read.
Nice and clean, with out all sorts of extra stuff.
Funny you'd say such a thing, as you seem to be affiliates with ibforums.

Uhmm... IBForums isn't threaded. :rolleyes:

I used to post on a forum that had that kinda thing, but then they upgraded. I could probably find out what it was. in fact, I might try.

There was also wwwthreads which I believe was bought by Infopop and they have some new thing going with UBB Threads.

You had a choice of preference between threaded or flat view. In my opinion, it was good choice for off topic discussions that don't pertain to the original thread topic and easier to read. The only problem is for bulletin boards that are larger and get more posts, it might get difficult and you'll tend to look over a thread.

That's probably where flat view comes in as it's much easier to read each and every reply.

I have actually a threaded/vertical implementation at blazeboard.com, though I haven't added functionality to remember your particular preference choice of eithe threaded or vertical viewing. I'm busily documenting the API for future developers that might come on board (get it board? :) and help with some of the development. . .

Back