• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Anti virus for server?

Hamed

Hello,
I have one server (with Windows 2008 Server OS)
Now I want to know should I install esp anti virus and also should I configure sth in on my server?

Do you offer me any esp anti virus ?(Because I want to buy new anti virus)

esp : especial ( especially )

I think it would be better that you check dictionary !

I've used avast on my personal desktops since 2002 and I'm very happy with them. I also use the linux version of Avast on my servers and run scans often.

AVG is best in all. I think your server security is more important than money. You should buy AVG.

AVG is best in all. I think your server security is more important than money. You should buy AVG.
AVG is free, but certain not the best. AVG report many false positives, better use CLAM , Free Antivirus for Windows - Open source GPL virus scanner.

VIPRE and ClamAV I hear both work well on server OS,
Which one is better?
What do you think about NOD32?

ClamAV is free does it have good update on new virus?

Last edited:
I'd suggest Kaspersky Server Edition, alternatively Avast! Server Edition.

ClamAV has the worst detection rates of any antivirus available, and should be avoided unless you have a specific need for it.

I’d like to recommend Avira and NOD32 both are top Antivirus. I am using Avira since 2009 and I am really happy with it. Most of the people use NOD32 for server, so it’s up to you which one you choose between them.

For Windows Servers Kaspersky Anti-Virus is best solution. It protects data on servers running under Microsoft Windows from all types of malicious programs. The product was designed specifically for high-performance corporate servers that experience heavy loads.

Back