• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Australia compared to America

The steering wheel is on the right and we drive on the left side of the road.

This thread reminds me of the time when I was living in Switzerland...Some girl doof from the States came up to me and said "It's so foreign here!" ogre2

That's what's so exciting about travelling - different foods, languages, lifestyles, landscapes, traditions... It's brilliant.

Except for evil traditions like bullfighting. :mad:

I don't know, I somewhat enjoyed being called racist when I had a Hungarian boyfriend, one close friend who was Italian, a close American friend, a close Asian friend, etc, etc :biggrin2:

My friend in AU always calls me m8 when he calls, though he's lived in the UK for years as well, so maybe that's not AU-ish?

Hard to say what's a difference continent-wide (AU vs. U.S.), as I'm sure if you travel to different parts of AU, there are places that are completely different that where you're from. Same here. State to state it can be like a whole different place.

If you just go to one area, it is almost like going to France and thinking that all of Europe is like France. Not exactly. Likewise, all of the U.S. isn't like Los Angeles, and California itself is rather large and quite diverse, depending on what area of California you go. If you come here, take some time to travel around a bit. Maybe a month or two if you can afford the time off.

Originally posted by Chicken
My friend in AU always calls me m8 when he calls, though he's lived in the UK for years as well, so maybe that's not AU-ish?

Hard to say what's a difference continent-wide (AU vs. U.S.), as I'm sure if you travel to different parts of AU, there are places that are completely different that where you're from. Same here. State to state it can be like a whole different place.

If you just go to one area, it is almost like going to France and thinking that all of Europe is like France. Not exactly. Likewise, all of the U.S. isn't like Los Angeles, and California itself is rather large and quite diverse, depending on what area of California you go. If you come here, take some time to travel around a bit. Maybe a month or two if you can afford the time off.

Probabaly... I NEVER say "mate". I never hear anyone saying it here either... but I HAVE been known to say CRIKEY after watching Steve Irwin. >_<

Chicken's right. You northerners are straaange people. ;)

[add]
I was the one with the "words and U's" post, for some reason I thought this thread was about Britain for a few seconds.

Originally posted by Jan
50 million Kangaroos? :whatthe: that's higher than the people population. The only ones I have seen are in wildlife parks :eek: (kangaroos that is :p)

Imagine the Ant population.:D

Imagine if they grew to human size. And waged war with us.:rolleyes:

Back