• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Avoid "HostnDesign.net"

Space Ghost

NLC
NLC
I signed up for these guys with the basic package and all was fine until I tried to install a phpBB forum and I had trouble.. so I went to Live Help who helped me installed one for me, ok thats cool but when I tried to install other mysql-based scripts and none would work (mysql errors etc - had also doubled checked with 2 friends) and then they tried to have the cheek to try and get me to pay $50 to install other scripts! Oh and if I wanted database help they would tutor me for $100! lol.. so I decided to cancel and here we are 2 weeks later no refund in my hand, no phone/email contact etc.

Beware.

NetMaster, it's unfortunate that you were not happy with www.hostndesign.net but you shouldn't expect a host to hold your hand.

The way I see it, they did help you once. No charge. Are willing to help you further but for a fee. I can't fault them for this unless there was something written in their policies stating otherwise.

If you qualify for their 15 day guarantee, hopefully you will get reimbursed soon.

Good luck with your next hosting provider. Do however ask before signing up in regard to help with 3rd party scripts and possible fees.

The way I see it, they did help you once. No charge. Are willing to help you further but for a fee. I can't fault them for this unless there was something written in their policies stating otherwise.
Says on their site:
Each Package includes 24/7 Tech Support

ZombieMatt said:
Says on their site:

If it was a script they offer they should help, but if it was a third party script, or your own script they don't have to help you.

However, most hosts do this free and dont mind, but some don't..well another lesson learned :)

Their 24/7 tech support is most likely only for server end issues..technical faults, not script errors.

HarisK said:
If it was a script they offer they should help, but if it was a third party script, or your own script they don't have to help you.

However, most hosts do this free and dont mind, but some don't..well another lesson learned :)

Their 24/7 tech support is most likely only for server end issues..technical faults, not script errors.

Bingo, people expect too much for too little these day's.

Since they had cpanel I had just though he auto installed it through that, in which case they should give him support on errors.

Anyway I know they dont have to but it would seem like the nice thing to do.

Friends and User,

It's simply and clearly for me to say that our server has no errors, from software database to hardware issues.

It has come to our attention that the User did not know how to connect the DB to the Server. Our technicians was more than happy to walk the User step by step.

After a few trials, it has come to our attention that the User chose not to edit the config.php file, or what not, conect the DB by the User-self.

Again, thanks for listening and I hope you all have a wonderful day hosting. If there's anything else I can do for you please let me know.

Alan

Last edited:
Back