• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

B& Vs. Banned

Agreeded Chris,

The issue was I recommended a server to a client for WebHostRegulator, but I didnt link the company name as its in my sig..

I guess Jan (think thats who) gave me an infraction. At 10 infractions (total, not at one time, meaning in the life of your account) you get an 1 month ban, I hope theres no life bans thats for sure!..

Anyways, I am back, guess I will have to link the company name on all posts now instead of see sig... but not a big deal ;).. Just some extra clicking.

I dont agree. If you can't follow the rules you shouldn't be here. Peo and Jan do a great job with this forum. All hosts should read the rules every few weeks to refresh there memory. Keeping FWS spam free is one of the many reasons FWS is so popular.

I dont agree. If you can't follow the rules you shouldn't be here. Peo and Jan do a great job with this forum. All hosts should read the rules every few weeks to refresh there memory. Keeping FWS spam free is one of the many reasons FWS is so popular.

I am sure LSComputer has learned his lesson.

...after how many infractions do we get banned?

Or... is it just the severity of the infractions... or... Is it just an admin's decision to make?

Certain abuses will get you more infraction points than other. When you reach 10 points you get banned until the infraction has expired. When you have received 10 infractions (even if only the last one is active) you will get banned for one month. We have a specified amount of infraction points that will be assigned for each offence.

^^ Would it be possible to post all possible infractions, as well as the points awarded for each? It may be helpful to everyone to see these.

(And if they're already posted somewhere, could you point us to the location, please?)

No URL in an offer should not be an infraction... It should just be a warning.
Chris

It should definately be an infraction. We do that to prevent banned persons to still promote their censored url here. We also do it to prevent referral urls that can be posted in pm. It's a waste of time for the moderators and the members looking for an offer if you don't include a url. Again, if the url is in your signature and it's the only link and you atleast mention the name of your company in the post it's ok to not have the link in the post itself.

^^ Would it be possible to post all possible infractions, as well as the points awarded for each? It may be helpful to everyone to see these.

(And if they're already posted somewhere, could you point us to the location, please?)

I'll discuss that with the other moderators.

How would it be helpful? Are people more likely to read the rules if they knew what the penalty would be if they didn't? It ain't rocket science to read the rules. The majority of members seem to have no problem reading. If they haven't read them, then they are using simple common sense :p

So Would I be banned for suggesting that when things like this happen that you contact an administrator, and try to plead your case? I run 5 message boards myself, and one is very active with 32,000 members, so I know the headache that comes with being an administrator. But we do allow banned members to plead their case. And if a moderator or administrator, or in my case at my boards directors made a wrong decision in banning a member, we have a policy of making an apology via email to the member, and on the board.

If you get banned here, you are not allowed to post or sign up with a new username. That means we require a banned member to contact us through email or our contact us page if they wish to plead their case.

Back