• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Best message board?

GaryD

So what does everyone think is the best free forum software out there?
Also, I always thought Invision was free, but I just visited their site and they have pricing for it!? Is this true? Didn't it used to be free?

Thanks for any help!

It was asked a lot of times before...
I believe phpBB is better for various reasons.
IPB is free but you can buy a license (give access to member area) :D

US$199 if memory serves me well... IMO there's no general best message board, it's up to what you want/need.

I've got a question... does anyone know of a featureless message board? I don't need all the bloat. Just member login, threaded discussion, avatars, signatures.. just real basic. I don't want smilies, calendar, member list, board stats, birthdays. Just something in the style of VBB, but smaller scale. Thanks. Sorry for jacking the thread. :\

Me said:
I've got a question... does anyone know of a featureless message board? I don't need all the bloat. Just member login, threaded discussion, avatars, signatures.. just real basic. I don't want smilies, calendar, member list, board stats, birthdays. Just something in the style of VBB, but smaller scale. Thanks. Sorry for jacking the thread. :\

Threaded eh? I remember searching for those a bunch of times... however, those go quickly, and the hosters usually don't give you un-metered posts for them.

Back