• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Best software for web designing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, everyone loves Adobe. Anything else ? Try to add value to the thread. I agree that Adobe has great software, but come on, how many times I must read that ?

Bring another software.

Personally i use Dreamweaver 4 (not a typo for cs4) for the basic layouts, tables etc etc, then context editor (similar to notepad++) to manually code in the css. I find after 4.0, DW gets too bloated and fisherprice looking. If it works dont fix it kind of thing.
Paintshop pro 7 (again another old one) for logos, backgrounds etc.
Then for testing, opera, firefox and IE.

For localhost server, (im running windows xp), i use wamp5 :), its easier to test php coding etc without having to upload to an online server each and every time i change something to test it.

FTP - filezilla (cos its free) :)

Played around with pagebreeze, coffeecup, komodo, blue fish i think its called and seamonkey, but always revert back to DW.

Also lots of energy drinks and tobacco complete the line up :)

in previous i use dreamweaver to set up my website. Now i prefer wordpress and easy.my to to set up my website.
Wordpress with full of ready template and easy to edit.
Easy.my ( online CMS ) for e commerce web site.
How wonderful it is and it easy to use as 1 2 3.

in previous i use dreamweaver to set up my website. Now i prefer wordpress and easy.my to to set up my website.
Wordpress with full of ready template and easy to edit.
Easy.my ( online CMS ) for e commerce web site.
How wonderful it is and it easy to use as 1 2 3.
OK. Thanks for this comment. I'm going to try out Wordpress and also have a look at easy.my, that has got my curiosity going.

I'm a non-geek and am presently using Microsoft Expression Web and GIMP for photo editing. I don't want to bother with too heavy software that requires too much learning, neither can I afford the hefty prices of Photoshop and Dreamweaver. If anyone can suggest web design software that is a little simpler and lower cost than the Adobe products, i.e. Dreamweaver and Photoshop, that will be much appreciated.
:)

I took a look at easy.my and it's nothing more than a CMS for online shopping. They're free version offers only 500 MB of bandwidth. I would rather use a free e-commerce plugin for WordPress, if I'd want to sell something using WP.

I took a look at easy.my and it's nothing more than a CMS for online shopping. They're free version offers only 500 MB of bandwidth. I would rather use a free e-commerce plugin for WordPress, if I'd want to sell something using WP.
Thanks for the tip. I probably need to get savvy with WordPress. I've seen blogging Websites using WordPress and the results are excellent.
:)

I think for images there's no choice better than photoshop

but as far as html editor goes are some choice I have used

Dreamweaver , frontpage and one free editor Hot Metal

I did found hot Metal interesting too so you can try that too.

If you search google with phrase " Free HTML editor" or " Image editors"

You will find several option which can be used instead of photoshop or dreamweaver

said it once, and i will say it again...

to everyone saying dreamweaver, notepad++, textwrangler etc, the OP said "design" not write code.

so, for design, it depends on the look you want for your site. normally a mixture of Illustrator (for logos or site mascot), flash (if you want to animate banners etc), and photoshop for the layout design. these are my weapons of choice, ut, there are other things out there, just not as good IMO.

PS, this thread has died a few times and has been answered by many people, please stop reviving it.

Just the same stupid ----ing adobe answers. Unless you're going to contribute something useful, just let it die already.

I think these Softwares are the best choice for designing:

Adobe Dreamweaver CS8
Adobe Photoshop CS8
Adobe Flash CS8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back