• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Beware! Bluehost.com

cmpak

BEWARE! BLUEHOST.COM

Reliability: BAD
Stability: BAD
Support: BAD

I've been running my Web for business on Bluehost.com for about 6 months. During this time, I encountered a lot of server down problems. I was very concerned about unstability and worried about how may more problems may have happened in addition to my findings.

I just kept my account because it's still being developed and there was not a heavy traffic yet. However, I lost my database data partially because of the server problem.

They couldn't restore it because their backup files were all bad, and none of them contained correct DB data. I lost six months of my work. Of course, I had made my own backups through the control panel; however, all of them were bad too. I was not able to find any backup that contains good DB data. Total loss!!

Their support is bad. I contacted them many times through phones and emails for the db problem, but for 19hours, they didn't respond to my request, and I had to talk to upper management regarding the matter.

One more example of a bad support. About two months ago, I called the Support and was complaining about unstability, and the person I talked with said, "What kinds of services do you expect for $7.99?"

BEWARE! BLUEHOST.COM

What was the domain hosted with this host?, just so we know your not just bashing this host.

I haven't really heard of BlueHost.com and that's why probably they don't have reliability, unstability, etc. Choose a known or popular host next time, just so you know it's reliable, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chief said:
I haven't really heard of BlueHost.com and that's why probably they don't have reliability, unstability, etc. Choose a known or popular host next time, just so you know it's reliable, etc.

bluehost are VERY well known.

oh, :S I've never seen them on google no hosting discussion sites, nothing. I've seen hostingdepartment.com a couple of times on THIS site, AND on google.com but never bluehost. But maybe that's just me.

But if it's is VERY well known. Is he just making a false review?

Interesting... this guy signed up at WHT just to post this very same thread as well.

Bluehost.com is definitely known... though I can't say I've ever heard anything good about them.

If the OP doesnt post the URL or PM a mod with it then this thread should be pulled.

I agree! :D Seems like they are just a very dis-satisfied customer for signing up on both forum to trash talk a provider.

My URL is www.adblob.com

Since my DB is broken, I put a note explaing the situation. It won't work long because I am going to cancel it.

However, I just thought that I may need to keep my account to prove that I'm not lying.

I can post emails that I got from the CEO and a general manager as well, if you guys are still doughtful.

Yes, I posted the same article on several other forums in order to make more people to see it. I lost all my six months hard work, and I am very upset. However, I only say the FACTS. I told the CEO and the general manger that I am going to start an ANTI BLUEHOST campaign only with the facts that I experienced with them in my email, and didn't get any reply on that.

Last edited:
Please, read the original post.

I had made backups regularly although I didn't unzip and verify all the data in the backup files. However, who's going to unzip the big backup files after downloading. I thouht that I was safe because I made backups for the entire account. It turned out that none of the backups contains correct DB data. They didn't have any good backups either.

I can admit that it's my responsibility to make my data safe, but I can also argue that I did what I was supposed to do.

This is very bad to hear, I hope you will get your sites and your old data back to its feet soon.

MySQL cannot dump many tables?????

I just found that my "abnormal" number of tables may have caused the problem. I created about 32,000 DB tables. Before I created that many tables, I researched MySQL official Web, and found that there is no limit to max num of tables. It's basically 2^32.

I'm wondering MySQL cannot dump that many number of tables. Most of them just contains about 10 records because it was in development mode. If it's really because of the number of tables, then I want to pull my posting regarding Reliability part. This is what bluehost.com told me and they imputed the disaster to the big number of tables.

However, it is certain that bluehost.com is not stable and theit support is really bad!!

If i were you, i would open the sql file, and copy and paste 100 tables at a time until they are all there, or google for a script called BigDump. All companys like this suck because they are based on monopoly and not the customers needs.

"What kinds of services do you expect for $7.99?"

They (support) took the words right out of my mouth. Pay peanuts and get monkeys :)

Back