• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

**BEWARE** VPHost

Dear FWS Users,

I would like to clarify this situation so that it is a bit clearer for the end users so that we do not miss a few critical point.

First being, we updated our TOS back in September 8, 2005 and not just a few days ago to reflect what matters.
Provision of proof being http://www.vphost.net/image1.JPG
While that was changed more than 4 months ago, as stated by a few, within our terms, we reserve the right to modify our TOS at any given time and it will be the responsibility of the subscriber to review it often.

Two of the domain in which sparky2002b hosted was indeed blacklisted in spamhaus.org (One was removed a few days ago, one currently resolves to the server),
spamhaus.org does not provide any information to why the domain was listed however told us in order to have them considering the lift, the domain has to be removed and no longer resolving to the server.
Emails do not deliver properly upon having our IP blacklisted, hence removing the domain would be the only way.
As stated in our TOS, any site that cause our IP to be blacklisted as spam will be terminated immediately without warning, VPHost gave sparky2002b a 24 hour warning and a 48 hour (72 hour total) to have the site moved as a courtesy for being a long time user.

Clients who signed up to our plan have to review our TOS and agree to them before they're taken to billing and after. Our refund policy states that we do not provide a refund after the initial 30-day period is over.

The remove that will be done will only affects the domain that was blacklisted and not the rest of the reseller account that sparky2002b has.

As for the case of utcrazy, yes, a few months ago we had a drastic downtime. However, most of our client's data were transferred successfully to the new server with the backup. Only 1 or 2 client data were lost, however utcrazy were not amongst one of them.
As stated by utcrazy, a refund was issued as promised by our Announcement in the forum.

I hope this information is provided as useful information
Any users who still are still confused or have any questions, do not hesitate to contact me via admin@vphost.net

Regards,

Last edited:
Let me give you a dose of reality about the current zero tolerance in the webhosting business over spam.

If you domain is involved with spammers in any way you will find yourself terminated from most providers in the United States or your site will go silent when your webhosting provider's server is shut down if your host doesn't react. Spam is at a point where most providers have a zero tolerance policy to keep their IPs out of the blacklists. Depending on the type of complaint from Spamhaus or another organization like that you're as good as gone.

Note: It isn't always your host's decision. Sometimes the datacentre hands down the termination and sometimes it comes from above the datacenter level. Never assume your host is the one that made the decision.

Some like us even have automated measures to suspend suspect domains automatically.

I'm not defending vphost. Just giving a reality check. ;)

Last edited:
LP-Trel said:
If you domain is involved with spammers in any way you will find yourself terminated from most providers in the United States or your site will go silent when your webhosting provider's server is shut down

Note: It isn't always your host's decision. Sometimes the datacentre hands down the termination and sometimes it comes from above the datacenter level. Never assume your host is the one that made the decision.
Very, very well said.

Back