• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

billing system

goblin77

Valuhost.com writes:
ClientExec is a powerful billing system designed for use with WHM/CPanel. It allows you to manage your customers, keep track of billing and payments, and organize support requests.
I'd like to know how effective is this billing tool? And what are advantages and disadvantages of it?

Clientexec has a user-friendly interface, it makes easier the process of working with your hosting clients, one possible minus of it is that it has fewer upgrades, which is compansated by fewer bugs. One more advantage is that you can get support via clientexec forum. I think valuhost.com has made the right choice in providing his reselling clients with clientexec.

Hello. Do you want start reselling from Valuhost.com? If yes linux or windows? Because as far as I understand they have both. I'm not good at it but maybe thay have different billing issues for windows and linux packages. Don't you have pay attantion for that?

ClientExec has too many features you do not want to use.

ClientExec is like Windows, and WHMCS is like linux. Windows is bulkware - So many things you would never use, linux is just great, it has all the things you want to use and nothing else that slows it down.

Linux is great, windows sucks and is slow.

Get WHMCS it's 1000x better than CE, hosts only offer it for free because it's cheap.

I would have to agree with richard on this one, CE seems to be really bloated and slow loading if you ask me, test it for yourself though and see what you like about it. im sure someone has a demo floating around of it.

Clientexec has a user-friendly interface, it makes easier the process of working with your hosting clients, one possible minus of it is that it has fewer upgrades, which is compansated by fewer bugs. One more advantage is that you can get support via clientexec forum. I think valuhost.com has made the right choice in providing his reselling clients with clientexec.
Give me please the link on this forum. I think not only Valuhost.com uses this billing software.

Well,
i'd vote for WHMCS,
it comes with a helpdesk...for providing support in for f tickets..
it automatically bills clients every month/year and suspends their account for unpaid invoices..
automatically sets up accounts once clients have paid..!!

I have used both MB and WHMCS because ClientExec is for extremely novice users, however, if you are looking for a feature rich panel, try using WHMCS. It'll be the best option for you.

As far as I know a lot of companies use ClientExeс and the clients are quite glad to use it. For example, Onthespothosting.net offers this kind of billing software too and there were no issues with it.

I need a website that can recieve online applications froms from interested participants for my organizations upcoming event, can any one help me out for either a free or paid site as long as the cost will be really affordable. Contact me if you have a special offer for me.

web hosting

I need a website that can recieve online applications froms from interested participants for my organizations upcoming event, can any one help me out for either a free or paid site as long as the cost will be really affordable. Contact me if you have a special offer for me.

I have been in this business for a while and I think that if someone is able to denigrate one of the billing software out there (no matter which one) and call it as a novice control panel, it is that he is himself probably a novice and probably does not know how to write a single line of code.

Now the positive stuff ;)

I think that every control panel have their own use and specialty. Each one can be good in their own area. Here is a small drop down :

1- Modernbill : Still the most popular, overloaded with useful features for hosts that would like to manage everything in the same place, lots of bugs but lots of support. However since MB5, I cannot recommend this one unless you do use MB4. If you sell dedicated servers unless you are managing it very well, stay away at all cost ! Very good for shared hosting, resellers and add-ons.

2- WHMCS : A new comer to this industry, sounds like a hype to me, personally I never used it as their demo did not quite impress me and I did not like the way people are integrating it to their site. I once did business with one hoster using WHMCS and it was a real pain for me as a customer. It is a personal choice.

3- Clientexec: Has been around for a while, almost as long as modernbill. Good for shared hosting, resellers. Lack of domain name management features (even tho you can register them). Have good community and support. Since v3, it is easier to add addons, still room for improvement.

4- Ubersmith: Ideal for dedicated servers business and datacenters. It is my personal choice, it is just perfect in everything it does. However be prepared to use one machine to handle it as it is a beast.

5- WHM AutoPilot : Nothing to say about it really .. I tried the last version and it was a real pain all the way.

These are of course my personal comments. With my past experience with these billing software. I am myself a coder and I highly respect the work of all the developers trying to make this business a better world for all of us, I think everybody should do the same and give them credits for what they diserve.

My 2 huge cents :)

Last edited:
ClientExec has too many features you do not want to use.

ClientExec is like Windows, and WHMCS is like linux. Windows is bulkware - So many things you would never use, linux is just great, it has all the things you want to use and nothing else that slows it down.

Linux is great, windows sucks and is slow.

Get WHMCS it's 1000x better than CE, hosts only offer it for free because it's cheap.

WHMCS sometimes misses something you would like it to have, however they encode almost all of their PHP files so you can't modify anything. With Linux if something doesn't work the way you want it to, you just write a patch and you're all set. :)

Personally I wouldn't compare ClientExec with Windows, but Modernbill.

They have demo's available.

Best bet would be to try them out and see which one suits you.. i know it may sound a bit much but its better than parting with cash for a system you dont have a clue how to use.

Good luck :)

Back