• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

BionicMonkey - A new layout too far!

xsnetwork

Hi!

I have lost count of how many designs I've done for my site so far, but I'm finally happy with this one!

Comments, suggestions, anything apart from flaming accepted :rolleyes:

Jake - [ Site ]

wicked site

Wooh groovy splash page loL! OMG the pink actually suits the page well...looks like ice cream yum!

WOW I must say...I luv it!:eek: I dunno what to say...?
I can't think of anything bad to say about it - it's fast, looks GREAT, no colour clashing and easy to navigate.

Hmmmmmm. Lets see your site design is quite good .
Here is what I make up of ur site the pluses and the minuses.

Pluses :)
1. Good nice Index page.
2. Good speed, opens quite quickly
3. Easy navigation.
4. Nice background

Lets come to the Negatives now even though u may not like it but it will be better for ur site.

1. The Navigation Bar is easy to use but it almost navigationless meaning you have no content .
2. Add some interactivity man there isnt much content on it for any one to see like you require a forum i guess PHPBB would be suitable for ur site, maybe a chat program ( If you have many visitors), and thirdly u may want some thing on your site which you think may interest your vistors.

All in all I will give it 6.5 out of 10 . Not a bad job but needs a bit of improvement. I havent finished even my main page but you can get some ideas over there the url is
Click

Thanks for the comments.

To make the site I used photoshop 7 for the graphics and notepad/dreamweaver for the actual html :).

As for the content, yes it has very little on it at the moment, but it is purely a personal site, the main use of my webspace is to store things for my friends and family. The main visitors I am expecting is also only friends and family so I'm not too worried about it contentwise but thanks :)

Okay, overall, it's a nice layout... but It would be way better if you changed the colors to a very light blue and white, also the navbar (while being very easy to use), isn't n00b friendly...

Originally posted by Adam Murphy
...also the navbar (while being very easy to use), isn't n00b friendly...
How so?

Everybody else, feel free to make comments too ... I can take it! ;).

Oh and Chroder, yes I only know him as meow but he's great :D

Originally posted by xsnetwork
How so?

n00bs to the net usually expect to see the navbar on the left or right and if the navbar was at the top, it would have to be clearly marked out, maybe even by putting rollover images for the links with the first one being underlined and the second one saying click here... it would make the site very use friendly...

Originally posted by xsnetwork
How so?

Everybody else, feel free to make comments too ... I can take it! ;).

Oh and Chroder, yes I only know him as meow but he's great :D
Hehe, meow is is a cool name! :D

And, ok, here are my comments since you can take them :devious2:

I don't really like pink, but its a personal site so I guess it represents you or something (no offense ;)), it's not bad but I am a BIG fan of blues. I think that the navigation is fine, the only thing I would suggest is make it stand out a bit (bit) more. And I think you should put something in the top-left corner, studies say that that's the first place users look (because in the english language we read from left to right....). So something colorful and totally cool in the top-left corner (mabe make your logo really eyecatching?) would be a great addition, make the nav images stand out a bit (mabe add a shaow or a glow to them, something like that). And my final bit of advice is make the table corners rounded, it's really great effect and it makes everything flow. If your looking to do a bit more work, mabe even make a cool image that appears to 'hold' the page...

:)

Hehe, he is a member on the forums? So he/she's a cyber buddy. lol :D

I know meow anyways :)

Last edited:
Ok, I've made the images along the top darker and also changed the logo to the same font as the buttons :)

I've also added my links section, so if you'd like to see your site there give me a shout somehow, either through my site, email etc... I may not accept every site, I'll have to wait and see, but apply by all means :classic2:

Okies, I can't be bothered starting a new thread so...

I have done two free templates. I just thought I'd get opinions on them, please remember that they are free and done out of the kindness of my own heart, and will hopefully help me get a few visitors :biggrin2:

Layout 1
Layout 2

If you would like one of them give me a shout. I have them zipped up already :)

Thanks.

Back