• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Blank Verse.

Crazy ---- in BC this year. All that flooding on the island (Not that the rain is surprising, of course :p ) and I heard Whistler is already receiving record snowfall to the tune of like three metres. THREE METRES!?!?!?!?

jmiller, how's the rain pounding you on the Island? Are you on the part that is or was flooded?
The rain is pretty awful right now. But it seems to be clearing up.

I'm about an hour south of the Cowichan Valley, so I missed the flooding. I really feel those people though.

Crazy ---- in BC this year. All that flooding on the island (Not that the rain is surprising, of course :p ) and I heard Whistler is already receiving record snowfall to the tune of like three metres. THREE METRES!?!?!?!?

I was there and it was EPIC. Almost worth the 900km round trip over ----ty roads in a compact car with no confirmed place to sleep. Called in sick on thursday, and stayed with a buddy in Van, then rode all Friday. No one I was with had couch space so I tried to land a cougar in the bar for a place to sleep, failed, found the hostel, had no legs left in the morning so I drove back home.

60cm overnight on top of the 60cm from the night before and still snowing a bit.

Not too many runs were open and many locations were not steep enough to get enough speed up to move. it was a blast.

Storms like that dont happen too often.

dfsfdf.jpg

No, now is prime time. It's too early for the Christmas crowd, and way too early for the Olympic foreigners.

You can still get a decent hotel room for 89/night, at least for now.

In fact, most of the retail and restaurant/bars are so overstaffed they are pretty much giving stuff away to get people in their establishments. It's pretty cool. I recommend checking it out before the masses descend on the place.

No, now is prime time. It's too early for the Christmas crowd, and way too early for the Olympic foreigners.

You can still get a decent hotel room for 89/night, at least for now.

In fact, most of the retail and restaurant/bars are so overstaffed they are pretty much giving stuff away to get people in their establishments. It's pretty cool. I recommend checking it out before the masses descend on the place.

How much time do you figure I have? I wonder how quickly I can wrangle up a posse.

Back