• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Browser Wars

domainking

Everyone knows about it and everyone has a different opinion. I would like to start by saying Opera is the best browser of them all! Tons of features packed into a small 3.7MB file. And its faster to boot. Mail client, chat client, search client, newgroups client, and more! Go to http://better-browser.com or http://opera.com for more details. (And gotta love those mouse gestures and lets not forget the famous f12!)

**A few words for FireFox users: Opera is better and has everything packed into it (no need to download pointless extensions) And remember, theres no globe-humping foxes in Opera! :biggrin2:

i think firefox is better. u don't need all the plugins anyway, and from my experience, firefox loads faster. besides, opera has ads on it and is cluttered.

if opera is so good, i haven't seen any ppl with opera shirts or having 7% + of market share.

Because no one knows about it. Opera needs to be spread. And by the way, just by going into the preferences you can turn off all those toolbars and panels and stuff that makes it look "cluttered."

bet u can't turn off the ads ;)

btw, if opera was so good, i think it would have spread by now. it's been around longer than firefox anyway, and firefox was spread through word of mouth from ppl who used it and liked it.

You can easily turn off ads. Theres 2 ways.
1. Press F11 which brings up full screen mode, within full screen mode: press ctrl+f8 to get the address bar up, press f4 for panels, and press ctrl+f7 for the the scroll bar.
2. Go to control panel-c drive-program files-opera-images-then delete the ad images.

every browser has its advantages am i rite guys?

anyway yeah.. I used a mix of IE and Firefox, some webpages I view look horrible in FF.

opera needs to be completely free. it seems to have some nice features, but nobody wants the ads. also they may want to update the compatiblity for sites. sites will look good in ie and firefox, but still render wrong in opera. other than that it seems nice. ive used it on linux before.

Firefox is the best browser that I've used. The only problems I have with it are that it seems to stop loading webpages for a minute or so, then it will go back to acting normal. I'm not spiking or anything, either.

The difference of 1mb is not sufficient. I've used Firefox, Opera, and IE. Opera is my least favorite. I still use IE for the most part because its the most convienant for me. Besides tabbed browsin, I see not advantage to firefox. I just don't like the look of Opera even after you skin it.

Let's face it IE has it nailed, not for any real reason just distribution.

We might appreciate the differences but take any weekend at any PC store and ask the same question.

I used Firefox, it is webmaster friendly. However, there is talk the next version of IE will have all the features of FF. Goodbye market share. In the words of Neil Young, its better to burn out than fade away.

I have no strong preference for either browser. Normally I use IE just because it is already installed..... and i'm too lazy to uninstall it :p

It would be interesting to see what the stats from people's website logs are showing is the most popular browser. My own site shows that 76% use a version of IE and 22% use firefox. Who knows what the other 2% use..... a whole combination of browsers i've never used or heard of.

Are other people seeing similar percentages?

-----------------------------
Free forum hosting with no ads:
www.dracoforums.com

Long live Internet Explorer. I have tried the others and they all suck. And are the reason you have to work so hard to make a webpage to satisfy them. Then in the end you still can't.

Whatever gets released IE is going to rule overall, as only a minority know the benifits of other browsers.

Not all users have any tech ability so the easy path is the one they'll take.

i use firefox now, but this really isnt a fair comparison. IE hasnt been updated since 2001. This is like comparing the PSone to the Xbox, the age gap is so great that it just doesnt work. When IE7 rolls out i might switch so long as they put things like tabbed browsing in it.

Back