• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

BSOD - Bad_Pool_Caller

Corazu

GO HABS GO
NLC
So, I hope none of you have experienced this, because it sucks..but nevertheless, does anyone have any clue what to do?

I googled it..whole broad range of things..here's the deal:

It's a laptop, I shut it down via holding down the power button while it was on, running. It was closing down World Of Warcraft during the time and then boots and BSODs after splash screen. I think it's a memory or some sort of write error...since it sounds like when I shut it down WoW was freeing memory and got interrupted or something..

Anyway, safe mode - no go (gives me the same error). My recovery dvd wouldn't boot, Ubuntu Live booted to a blank screen..(wtf?) so I'm running a memtest..nothing I can see so far, after that I'm running a bios hard disk check.

This sucks ---, gonna have to whip over to the store tomorrow and grab a 2.5 enclosure so I can backup the data on the drive (assuming it's not corrupted...which I don't think it is) and if it's just a driver issue (I hope it is) then I might be able to reformat the disk and write over it..

I want some of that data though, my backup is from ~november (on my external harddrive) and there's updated data that's only on that drive :/ (Yea..I know..backupbackup..) it's not terribly important data really, but it'd be nice not to lose it.

Any ideas?

Already did :) (See post in GD) didn't want to double post here so I just did a writeup over there and linked it here.

It's all in the past now..already installed again..working better than before to be honest..just have to install some things that I haven't gotten to already.

Only problem is...it's not WGA...and since it's MCE I can't change the product key... (I have one that came with my laptop) and from the google search..MS basically said I'm SOL since there's no way to change it in XP MCE...besides reinstalling..and I don't feel like doing that.

Back