• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Cheap dedicated IRC request

Phantom-hosting

I am looking around for a dedicated server that allows IRC for under $50
This is kinda what I am looking for as in for use:
Web Hosting accounts - Cpanel
Shoutcasts
IRC Shells
IRCd's - most are under 1000 users
This server shouldnt cost more then $50 for a base price, then also please include the price with cpanel or any other panel prices.

Specs:
50-100 GB Hdd
500+ GB Bandwidth - Prefer 1 TB of bandwidth, but could survive with 500 GB
Little to no support is required, only when we can not access our server, will we request help.
16 - Or more IP's will be needed - No more then $1 / IP
Memory - Must have 512 MB Ram - More is always nice
Uptime - Your uptime must not have more then 1 day downtime, currently on current host sitting at 2.5 Days downtime (Which is reason for switch)

Cpanel - We know Cpanel prices vary, but I would at least like a price around $10/m

If you have anything like this that could handle what I need, Please by all means post an offer here!

cPanel for a Dedicated Server costs $25/month
cPanel for a VPS costs $15/month

Its very hard to find Dedicated Servers that allow IRC hosting - and when you do, they normally have a much higher price due to the added risk they can cause to the network.

For the specifications you are looking for, without IRC, you will need to spend more than $50/month, the IP's alone will cost $10/month extra, and the base server itself, around $60-$70, then add $10-$20 for IRC, that makes $80-$90/month. Also, as I said, cPanel for a dedicated server costs to the host, $25/month, not $10/month.

To help hosts around here - Can you let them know what your maximum budget is? As I know of a few hosts that allow IRC on this forum, but none will be able to meet your current budget.

Max total on everything is $70

Then sorry, but you wont find any hosts here that support IRC for that low. I had a look around, and the cheapest I found with cPanel/WHM and only 5 IP's was around $90/month.

That might be the reason your current host is down for so much, they dont provide the needed protection on the network to support IRC traffic. That is why they are so cheap. If you want a reliable provider that supports IRC, your going to need to up your budget by a minimum of $30/month.

There is 0 need on upping the monthly budget anything, I know that there may not be many hosts here for this type of a budget BUT I know that there are hosts out, Heck I have found a few after endless hours of searching.

As well I want a 0 setup fee!

There is 0 need on upping the monthly budget anything, I know that there may not be many hosts here for this type of a budget BUT I know that there are hosts out, Heck I have found a few after endless hours of searching.

As well I want a 0 setup fee!

yes - there are hosts out there - But there are none in your budget that wont have the downtime your current provider has.

There is a reason IRC hosts are more expensive, because their network security has to be better than other hosts due to the added risk, any IRC hosts in your budget wont have the needed security, AKA - Will have lots of downtime.

I think the lack of offers kinda proves my point. No?

Hey,

I know you are looking for a dedicated server, but the only company I know that allows IRCd is fdcservers.net I know they allow it, and control panels are free. However there network was shaky for a bit. I used them a long time ago for shoutcast and never had a problem.

You may need there vps packages due to your budget!.

We are already on a vps, and this is why our services are down till at the earliest tonight, However, this is the set budget we have at most, I am thinking even a P4 dedicated would do for now, this is only until such time we can uprgrade our budget a little

LSC - Even FDC's VPS that meets his specifications is out of his price range, the VPS being $84/month in total.

;) Rich lol guess I should look at there packages been so long since I had viewed there site ;). Yea looks like this one is a bit impossible to reach from our community members.

At $70 month you may end up requiring some low end old school server colocated at a network, but then you may have problems with cpanel..

Best of luck on your search.

Our server has been returned to us with all the data that was on it, this thread is now considered half closed

We are willing to look at options of a vps, but a dedicated server would be better for us.

Back