• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Cheap web hosting

Can I have my say in this?

Its all good host`s offering packages from a $1 But say they get 100 clients on one server and dont decide to purchase another server.
The server will get a good bashing with 100 active account.

Can I have my say in this?

Its all good host`s offering packages from a $1 But say they get 100 clients on one server and dont decide to purchase another server.
The server will get a good bashing with 100 active account.

I've been hosted on a server that has 900+ accounts before. Not a single thing happened to the server. The server speed is average, and it runs fine.

Oh, and I've also seen a server that has 36,000 accounts. The server is also fine.

It depends on how good your server is. Some server's can only handle server load 10, some can handle server load 100. Some have 4x256MHz processors. Some have 4x3074MHz processors.

For me, the server being filled up with $1 accounts, is more profit for me than the server being filled up with $12.50 accounts.

Of course if you don't handle security well, then you will get a lot of users abusing the host. I perform checkups on all new accounts when content has been put on them. If I feel that it's suspicious, then I will continue to regularly checkup on that particular account.

Also, I've chosen to offer a small $1 offer because, most hosts that I have been with have a minimum plan space of 1000mb. And I turn out to be only using 10mb of that space. So I don't want my users to feel that they are paying too much for things that they don't need.

Last edited:
Paranoia o.0

But I suppose it pays...

I'm not paranoid. You don't expect me to not defend myself.

Anyway, I've realized that most of your posts are non-related to the subject or replying to an off-topic part of the thread, no offence, it's true though.

Oh, and I've also seen a server that has 36,000 accounts.
How do you know it was a single server and not a cluster? Or that 99% of the domains pointing there were not simply parked domains?

Also, I've chosen to offer a small $1 offer because, most hosts that I have been with have a minimum plan space of 1000mb. And I turn out to be only using 10mb of that space. So I don't want my users to feel that they are paying too much for things that they don't need.
I sure hope the customer support costs won't turn your business model upside down. :)

How do you know it was a single server and not a cluster? Or that 99% of the domains pointing there were not simply parked domains?

I sure hope the customer support costs won't turn your business model upside down. :)

I believe he said that he pays support by the hour and not tickets, so the amount of support won't matter, as long as he has enough accounts to cover their costs.

Back