• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

ComfyHost (utcrazy) - AVOID IF YOU CAN - PART II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also had to learn the hard way Paul. I hope you can get your money back, and lets wait til mark gets on here to reply.....

The pricing was offer based on the price my provider quoted me initially, but it was changed since then so I was unable to provide them at the price quoted. If I was unable to provide them period, there would be an issue, but I am able to provide them, just not at the price quoted. It would not be a significant price increase, but the op decided to move before I was able to requote him.

If we're going to take the TOS word for word here, it doesn't say that if a price is changed, a refund is in order. We compensate clients when a mistake is made by crediting their account for the amount at hand. Paulo was not interested, so there wasn't much I could do. We offer no refunds of any kind of VPS and dedicated servers for the exact purpose of people who use the server for 30 days and leave to do it again to another poor host.

Last edited:
If he had signed up and paid at that price. The contact was active.

You had 2 options at that point.

1. Cancel the contract and refund the client 100%
  2. Provide the required services

You decided to pick an option that was not 1 or 2. I did hear rumors about you wanting to Sell up as you were unable to pay DC bills, I did not belive them. But I think this cheap way of keeping the clients money when you know you are in the wrong, goes along way to prove them rumors true, something is amiss Mark - And you of all people know.

Just think of this as the other way. If you was the client.

Hell, i'm sure if you was in his possition you would have posted on every single forum on the internet about how they scammed you, until you got your refund.

Thats me out. I hope the client gets refunded. Shame on you Mark.

EDIT:

Just seen your edit.

Your mistake, by the words of your terms of service, makes YOU in breach of contract. As I stated - You could have canceled that contract, but you decided to "Edit" it, which without the clients consent, cannot be done. Therefore, you should have bitten the bullet, and paid the extra this month, and THEN raised the price next month (as per your TOS, a contract lasts a single month, and is renewed every month). Or canceled the contract and refunded his money.

EDIT 2:

I offer no refunds on servers unless I (we) are to fault. You are in blatant breach of contract Mark. No matter how you look at it, its illegal, and ethically WRONG. The client cannot use the server because it was not how he ordered it, therefore, you are to blame, and YOU are in breach of contact, therefore, the LEAST you should do, is cover the extra costs for 1 month, and then charge extra, or refund.

Last edited:
So, you don't offer refunds of any kind on VPS and dedi, that means that if you go out of the business, the customers won't get a refund also?

That's what you're saying with the "no refund" policy. Is a simple way of saying "If it's not my direct problem, then it's the customer's"

The pricing was offer based on the price my provider quoted me initially, but it was changed since then so I was unable to provide them at the price quoted. If I was unable to provide them period, there would be an issue, but I am able to provide them, just not at the price quoted. It would not be a significant price increase, but the op decided to move before I was able to requote him.

If we're going to take the TOS word for word here, it doesn't say that if a price is changed, a refund is in order. We compensate clients when a mistake is made by crediting their account for the amount at hand. Paulo was not interested, so there wasn't much I could do. We offer no refunds of any kind of VPS and dedicated servers for the exact purpose of people who use the server for 30 days and leave to do it again to another poor host.

Hey, just wanna let you know i'll post a link to this thread every single time i see you offering your services.

If you are on the right side, im sure it wont be a problem, right ?

We do offer refunds if we are in the wrong, my mistake. At the time of the order these were not an issue. I was not looking to sell to pay DC bills. I would have no problem refunding the funds that paid for the IP's, but we provided the server and it was working fine which is $50 of the order.

Thats obvious i want the refund.

I dont want CREDIT. Cause i wont spend with your services ever again.

i want my money back just the way i gave you. PAYPAL

I'm not going to refund you for a server that was and still works fine. The IP's, we were unable to provide so we can refund that.

There you touched a point:
*The OP says the server never worked. If it never worked, then you should refund about the server also. If it did worked, then you go to:

a)You cannot refund if the server in fact was in use
or
b)It's somewhat.... "unfair" that you can charge for the server, but can refund only for the IPs, because the client wanted the server to test something with the IPs.

It's like i needed php 5 in a vps, then pay for one said to have php 5. Then the provider says it now cannot provide php 5, but php 4. I have no need for the VPS because i was going to use a script that uses php 5.

See kind of my point there?

Last edited:
There you touched a point:
*The OP says the server never worked. If it never worked, then you should refund about the server also. If it did worked, then you go to:

a)You cannot refund if the server in fact was in use
or
b)It's somewhat.... "unfair" that you can charge for the server, but can refund only for the IPs, because the client wanted the server to test something with the IPs.

It's like i needed[/b] php 5 in a vps, then pay for one said to have php 5. Then the provider says it now cannot provide php 5, but php 4. I have no need for the VPS because i was going to use a script that uses php 5.

See kind of my point there?

Exactly, when i first talked to Utcrazy, i told him the ip addresses were really important, this server means nothing for me without it.

Full refund sent. There's really no use for a server if the use you bought it for cannot be achieved.

Full refund sent. There's really no use for a server if the use you bought it for cannot be achieved.

Nice, i got a point :angel:

Now, seriously, good thing that (i hope) made you think things a little bit on the client's side, ut, as i see FWS users do have some respect for you, just trying to keep you from making a bad decision :beer:

Thank you.

I wish we could have done this the easy way.

Thank you ppl that realized that i only wanted what is mine. Not bashing anyone ore something like that.

Everyone had different points here, it was a tough decision. But it was one that I had to come to myself. I had very reputable hosts on either side of this as well as clients who know I provide a good service. No use making some guy miserable over a mistake like this.

Good to see you refund him, I think both sides could have found better ways to resolve it though. (IE: In PRIVATE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back