• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

ComfyHost (utcrazy) - AVOID IF YOU CAN - PART II

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much did you lose? from what you were saying it was about 100 dollars, but with 256 ips im not sure lol

And I still can't find anything in the tos about it, unless they go and change it lol

its a non-tangible good
i cant charge back from paypal, i guess

Yes - But as a last chance action, it would piss them off.

I have to agree, I am on the clients side. If he was with us, that first of all would not have happened, but if it did, a full refund would have been added right away.

Its not really buisness like, not hosting him after this month because he posted on a forum :S

Then again, its up to you if you feel he shouldn't its your call.

No Paulo, I definitely will not. People realize when someone who has been around these parts quite a lot longer than you. They also realize the amount of integrity and respect I have for clients when I receive it in return. Especially those who receive outrageous deals like this one.
Shame your not showing it right now, - You cant provide the IPS & you wont refund the money?
Then claim someone posted here before submitting a ticket, but the post is the ticket, Your removing the service becuase he submitted the ticket info?
(So far I have got that much)

Client should be refunded its that simple.

Last edited:
Shame your not showing it right now, - You cant provide the IPS & you wont refund the money?
Then claim someone posted here before submitting a ticket, but the post is the ticket, Your removing the service becuase he submitted the ticket info?
(So far I have got that much)

Client should be refunded its that simple.

I couldn't provide some of the IP/s at the pricing I said. I told Paulo that and told him I would credit his account for the IP's he didn't receive. He didn't think that was good enough. What can I do? We don't offer refunds because people use a server for 30 days and then decide they don't want it. I did everything I could to keep Paulo happy but he wasn't happy with anything. If he showed some respect I would be happy to give him a free month or even refund him, but I didn't receive that.

Last edited:
Sorry Mark, not bashing or anything man, but I have to say something here.
First of all, I agree with the client.
If you can't provide something, then don't offer it. Also, removing his service because he posted on a public forum? How many threads have you created about CompleteWebWorks without contacting us first?
Also, you say you received no respect? Maybe try being respectful first. Like, not once have we received respect from you.

Sorry. Just had to be said.

I couldn't provide some of the IP/s at the pricing I said. I told Paulo that and told him I would credit his account for the IP's he didn't receive. He didn't think that was good enough. What can I do? We don't offer refunds because people use a server for 30 days and then decide they don't want it. I did everything I could to keep Paulo happy but he wasn't happy with anything. If he showed some respect I would be happy to give him a free month or even refund him, but I didn't receive that.

You're completly wrong, man.

I'm not askin you to refund me for something i used (your dedicated server). And im not deciding i didn't want the IP ADDRESSES. You simply couldn't provide me.

So im askin my money back for something you never gave me. Again, thats called stealing.

Obviously, a credit is not OK. Only if i were completly out of my mind i would stay at Comfy's after all that mess.

As i said above, its all up to you. You can keep the money if you think its fair

Mark - I have to agree with everyone else - He should be given a full refund, as you offered him something you could not provide. You are breaching the laws made to protect consumers in your local area.

Thats like saying: Heres a pack of cards. 10 are missing, but I am going to give you 5% of your payment back because of that. It would not happen, and would be illegal. This is the same.

He paid for a service he never got. Just refund him.

Mark - I have to agree with everyone else - He should be given a full refund, as you offered him something you could not provide. You are breaching the laws made to protect consumers in your local area.

Thats like saying: Heres a pack of cards. 10 are missing, but I am going to give you 5% of your payment back because of that. It would not happen, and would be illegal. This is the same.

He paid for a service he never got. Just refund him.

He's not even doing that.

He's doing like. Here's a pack of cards. 10 are missing, but i will credit you with some cash, then you can buy more packs with missing cards from me.

From previous post;

I couldn't provide some of the IP/s at the pricing I said. I told Paulo that and told him I would credit his account for the IP's he didn't receive. He didn't think that was good enough. What can I do?

If Mark has it in his TOS that price changes are allowed and the client has to pay then fine, at the time of the change and the communication with the client.

But, if not then it's even more complex as the client didn't really give realistic justification for the IP's, so delays are inevitable.

If point one is not in effect then it's bad on Marks side, if point two is in effect then client is at fault.

Comfy Hosting Solutions reserves the right to change the prices of any of its services at any time. All Comfy Hosting Solutions accounts are setup on anniversary billing cycles. Your particular billing cycle corresponds to the contract length that was initially chosen at setup.

Meaning. If he was able to order that package, with those IP's. Regardless of how long it took, he is in that contract for a "Month" - As ComfyHosts refer to the order as a "Contract" - They are in breach of contract by not providing what was brought (Or - Was in the contract).

They say they can change the price at any time, but once a contract has been agreed for a month - It can only be changed if both partys agree - In this case, it was not the case, therefore. Breach of Contract.

Classic and Simple.

Exactly, as it sound: "Comfyhost can change the prices at any time" would mean in the next "contract" of payment.... Am i right?

Because, if i'm wrong, then i would put that in my ToS and well, get a client for a 100$ server, then change the price "at any time" to $150 and charge him now for the new price, and if he already paid the 150, i would "need" to charge 50 more because the prices had changed.... LOL

I'm sure he'll be editing it then to include a clause about IP addresses. If his provider raises the price on him quickly, say... the day you ordered, theres not much he can do. He can't lose money on a client, that's bad business.

Personally I think this thread should be closed though, Mark and the OP already both decided they're no longer doing business with each other after this month, right?

David.

Your missing the point. In all scence of the meaning. UT/ComfyHosts have Scammed this client out of his money.

The client wants a refund.

I know what you mean about bad business to lose money, but this is something you have to deal with, the fact that, at some point, you are going to mess something up (Like comfyhosts have). But normally, business act on this, and make sure it never happens again.

Instead - UT is acting like nothing is wrong. He is in blatant breach of contract, as stated by his own Terms of Service!

Utcrazy will probably play dead, as he's used to do when something goes wrong in his buziness.

And i think ill never see this money again.

I just hope this thread helps next buyers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back