• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

ComfyHost

BananaMaster

Hey

I was wondering how good is comfy hosting VPS/Dedicated servers. And how long have they been in business and how there support is and that.

The servers are good... The support is good when its there.

We moved because we found a better deal, with KILLER support.

I was quite sad to lose you as a customer Dave, glad you have found a better deal. We always try to stay competitive, but we are keeping our 24x7 true support which is tough at lower prices. NWH, I urge you to try our services, I'm sure you will find we try our best to provide the best service and support. The testimonial was an exception.

Personally I didn't like the service or support. However they said they've changed and I certainly hope they did. We asked for things that they didn't think they had but they indeed did have it.

That was then this is now. But if you are looking for a vps provider we, CancerHost.com, recommend IGChosting.com

I was quite sad to lose you as a customer Dave, glad you have found a better deal. We always try to stay competitive, but we are keeping our 24x7 true support which is tough at lower prices. NWH, I urge you to try our services, I'm sure you will find we try our best to provide the best service and support. The testimonial was an exception.

Not a flame by any means. Just info is all.
24/7?
http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=661310&highlight=comfyhost

tumble

Thanks TUmble, I appreciate you bringing that to my attention. The customer was handled, we do quote 24-72 hours on servers. Some people receive the server in 2 hours, others receive it right near 72. THis was right in the time frame. It is in fact 24x7 support.

Last edited:
I tried comfy host as my first vps provider. I asked why I could not install Unreal.... It had something to do with gcc. So for pretty much a month I had it sitting doing nothing using nothing. I did however email support and asked if they could help me and they could not. Now that I have looked up on vps's and all, I know more... Not to bash comfy host but the support needs to improve and unless it has improved in the last month I would suggest elsewhere

These are unmanaged VPS servers, we do not provide support installing applications. Please don't bash the company when you know exactly what the issue was.

Thanks

I am not bashing the company just stating that it was my first ever vps, and the support would not help me they just said it was unmanaged and could not do anything except a re-install. I would of preferred having someone explain that I could persay use yum to install the items instead of having to bug other companies (which I did) and then later deciding to go with another company.

On another not the servers are fast nothing wrong there its just the support would be better if you could explain things for newbies like me.

I tried comfy host as my first vps provider. I asked why I could not install Unreal....

Are you asking how to uninstall a gameserver you installed?

If you installed it, it's a bit off to ask them to fix your errors. Any dependancies outside a normal operation would be your remit and can take hours of a hosts time to fix - I know, I've done it, but only occassionally if it's realistic to do so.

Normally I would personally help out as much as possible, but I think this ticket went by me. It's a $6.00/month VPS, I'm not going to give you full management. I perform these little tasks and soon I'm acting like their admin. Which just moves my focus away from providing everyone a great service, to just you. The past month was a transition period, but we are finally on a steady footing in all our services and are rolling out these xeon deals like crazy. It's been a great month :)

Very true, however it would have been as simple as this is the tool you need (yum) and that could install everything and give me a page to where I could find the information about it. I had no problems other then that, Heck I have even suggested you to friends of mine who are knowledgeable in servers more then me. This was my first time past a shell of an IRCd into a vps.

I am just trying to state that would it be simple enough to say this is the tool you need and here is a page describing what it does.

In no way would I like to hurt future customers for you, as your deals are one of the best on the net. Its just For the newbies like me a little information could go a long way.

I am not bashing the company just stating that it was my first ever vps, and the support would not help me they just said it was unmanaged and could not do anything except a re-install. I would of preferred having someone explain that I could persay use yum to install the items instead of having to bug other companies (which I did) and then later deciding to go with another company.
On another not the servers are fast nothing wrong there its just the support would be better if you could explain things for newbies like me.

What I don't get, is if it was your first ever VPS, then why in your right mind would you go with a clearly marked UNMANAGED VPS?

If its your first time, always always ALWAYS look for managed options.

The issue was resolved to my knowledge, I don't think this ticket was handled by me. But we definitely do not install services for clients on our $6.00 VPS plans. Now this is getting to the point that people are just responding to make a point that we don't care about our customers and they do. So before anyone else posts for some shameless plugs, think about what you're saying. I expect dozens more people would otherwise post at how outrageous this was and how they would never do this. It's ridiculous how you people act these days. It's called respecting other hosts and I never bash any of you even when I have an ideal time to.

I'm not looking to argue over this like all these threads seem to turn into, just to all those who like to abuse these threads for self-promotion, start respecting other hosts. Especially those who don't even have to run the services they sell.

Last edited:
I do, But I'm not going to bother due to the fact that I no longer have relation to the company I was helping.

Back