• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

comments welcome - xpbargains.com

You could change the font to Verdana, size 10 as I think you site will look better.

You should delete some of the old links as they make your site look cluttered.

Get rid of that banner in the top right hand corner (If you can).

Link direct to other sites instead of using affilate links (Click these can generate more banners)

I like the price match option.
The sitemap looks organized but needs tweaking.
I think you should delete the menu at the bottom.
The coupons section is sheer excellence, As I'm always looking for bargains.

Rating: (_sort of_ a copy of Cyber's)
:bandit2: :bandit2: :bandit2: :bandit2: 4/5 - You need to iron out some tweaks.

thanks bubbleboo and vegs. we are working on improving the site based on the feedbacks.

BTW, i don't think i should remove the referral links as they are the only source to make revenue. :(

Its a little messy. Kind of like everything is thrown around. Just clean it up a bit and the light blue columns don't fit the color scheme well.

You have several problems:

1. I have no idea what your site is about at first glance. You should always give your visitors an initial impression of what your site is about, whether it's with a motto, a short description on the front page, or even a picture. If you don't, people will just move on. Right now, you have nothing telling visitors the gist of your web site. You make matters worse with the logo, a pair of Christmas bells that have nothing to do with bargains or shopping in general. Why not get a picture of a dollar bill, a shopping cart, or something like that? Remember, visitors have a short attention span. If you force them to have to search too hard to get the gist of your site, they will move on.

2. The way you've laid out your index page makes absolutely no sense. What is that section of listings in the middle? I'm thoroughly confused! And why is "site news" in the upper right hand corner above "Top Coupons?" "Hot Deals, "Hot Stores," and "Top Coupons" should be on one side of the page; "Site News," "Featured," and "Search" on another side.

On your other pages, "Categories" and "By Store" should be laid out in the same section, not spread out. Right now they are on both sides of each page. That doesn't make any sense in terms of navigation.

3. Your site doesn't tell me what section I'm in! When I click from page to page, I get totally confused. How do I know if I am on the "Deals" page or the "Coupons" page? Nothing tells me. I know-- you're saying you've put it in text on each page. But you know what? That's not enough. People look for visual cues as well as text cues to figure out where they are in any given web site. That's why when you go to Amazon.com, every section has a different color. When people are in the red section, they know they are in books; when they are in the green section, they know it's movies. As it stands, your site tells me nothing visually. Worse yet, you don't even indicate in your navigation that a person has reached a particular section. It might help if you indicated what section you're in by highlighting it on the navigation bar.

4. Those gifs you've used for your tables--? They're not aligned with the width of the cells!

That's about it, really. (Man, you must think I'm evil, lol!)

thanks a bunch!

We already put a revised version online athttp://www.xpbargains.com .

As the "Hot Deals" and "Top Coupons", I want to have one left, another right - this way it's easier for the visitors to see both of them. I did change the colors of the tables in a way that similar tables share same color.

I know there is still lots to improve :).

WAHOOO!!!!! A thousand times better!! :jump: Your new logo is smoooking, and tells people immediately what your site is about!

But now it isn't 800x600 compatible! :(

A few comments...

The center table... the grey doesn't go too well with the white background, tho it does tie in with the header.

I think a little colour on the BG and possibly a "revision" of the colour used in your side nav would be good.

The thing that hit me most was the "layout" of the center section... no cellpadding. Thats one thing which I really dislike. :eek:

Setting it to 2, 3 or 4 would make minimal differences to the site but would improve the general look greatly.

- Aquatix

(Oh, one little thing - the center table out runs the nav... might be worth extending your navigation through 100% of the height (of the page content) so that the bottom of the page doesn't look lost...?)

Hi

Just a single point:

The centre content (the "Deals"..) look a bit mixed up. Would look much better if you include screenshots/small photos along with each deal.

e.g. include a PDA's photo when you put a deal of any PDA. Put a computer's screenshot/icon when you put a deal on a computer.

Just my opinion. :)

YOWWZA!!!!

OMG-- this site is such an improvement! It's like a million buzillion times better! :eek: And the grid backgrounds on your tables add a particularly nice touch! :)

Back