• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Community feedback

If I was biased I wouldn't be a mod. Like I have nothing better to do with my freaking time than to follow members around looking for an excuse to infract them. I also don't know why everyone is accusing me of censoring that URL, but it was NOT me!

i am not accusing you of censoring the URL yourself, but, you do a good portion of the things here, so, it is natural for someone to assume you did it. and yeah, you would be a mod, even though you are biased. you can deny it till the grave, but, it is obvious to everyone here, not just myself, that you are. call it what you want, but, sometimes accepting the truth feels better than denying it all the time. saying you cant be biased and be a mod is like saying there are no crooked cops. you are just to funny.

Ok, that's enough. If you have any feedback minus the insults let me know. I won't tolerate any further attacks on mods.

whats the point of feedback? it gets ignored, just like requests to help out around a site to improve it. i see you are getting angry, but, you are angry cause we are pointing out truths that you just cant seem to handle. i guess i will just drop this for now since you both obviously wont respond to my PM and will NEVER listen to any reason, so, i would rather just become inactive on my own over being b&, not like it much matters anymore with how things are going here now days. im done trying to reason and i will just get nasty if i keep going, so, good day.

We listen to feedback and act on it every single day. As I said, I'm happy to respond to feedback. I don't see why I should waste time responding to insults though.

We listen to feedback and act on it every single day. As I said, I'm happy to respond to feedback. I don't see why I should waste time responding to insults though.

How about going back in time where you didn't remove posts? You dealt with it. A time when Peo actually tried to settle a discussion politely. Or even Jan. Lately, I see the mods, or rather, lack of, very frustrating. This forum is no where what it used to be. Even if you guys say that is it. Things have changed here. The staff have more-or-less made this a hostile environment deterring new members to sign up.
As for continuing with suggestions, why not add the ability to see -/+ rep givers? Its been brought up multiple times. Yet we still don't see it implemented. I see this community dying mainly because its stuck in the past. Nothing has been done to improve a user to gain any information. A lot of the rules have been ignored by new members, whereas, in the past, they were heavily enforced. Now, I see "Unlimited CPANEL Hosting Only $10 per year!"

Face the facts Peo, this forum needs renovating. Not really a design-wise aspect, but new rules and stricter enforcement of those rules.

Thanks for your feedback Schmarvin. I appreciate it. As we've said several times lately the rep suggestion is likely to happen soon. I'm busy at the moment so I'm waiting a few more days when I'm less busy so I can monitor any complaints. Ok?

I still try to settle discussions politely and respond as fast and as friendly as I can to feedback. If you expect me to respond politely to people calling me a nazi or -------, that might at times be harder. I'm only human. I do however never respond with that same kind of abusive language.

If you see any offers like that let me know and it will get removed.

Thanks for your feedback Schmarvin. I appreciate it. As we've said several times lately the rep suggestion is likely to happen soon. I'm busy at the moment so I'm waiting a few more days when I'm less busy so I can monitor any complaints. Ok?

I still try to settle discussions politely and respond as fast and as friendly as I can to feedback. If you expect me to respond politely to people calling me a nazi or -------, that might at times be harder. I'm only human. I do however never respond with that same kind of abusive language.

If you see any offers like that let me know and it will get removed.

I try to help out as much as possible. But, like you guys, I do have a life outside this forum, which as you have noticed lately, has been taking a big portion of time out of my life. I'm not liking all the negativity going on here at this forum. :/ I believe we need Ben back too, lol.

And on the other hand we have members who ----- because we enforce the rules :D Yur damned if you do and damned if you don't :p

I say, enforce what we have. If they complain, its their fault for joining. They should have read the rules upon signing up.

How about going back in time where you didn't remove posts? You dealt with it. A time when Peo actually tried to settle a discussion politely. Or even Jan. Lately, I see the mods, or rather, lack of, very frustrating. This forum is no where what it used to be. Even if you guys say that is it. Things have changed here. The staff have more-or-less made this a hostile environment deterring new members to sign up.
As for continuing with suggestions, why not add the ability to see -/+ rep givers? Its been brought up multiple times. Yet we still don't see it implemented. I see this community dying mainly because its stuck in the past. Nothing has been done to improve a user to gain any information. A lot of the rules have been ignored by new members, whereas, in the past, they were heavily enforced. Now, I see "Unlimited CPANEL Hosting Only $10 per year!"

Face the facts Peo, this forum needs renovating. Not really a design-wise aspect, but new rules and stricter enforcement of those rules.

I have been very accommodating actually. For example, when a new member signs up, if they break a rule, I give them a warning more times than not and point them to the rules. If they repeat the offense and I catch it after said warning, then I infract. So, I don't make FWS hostile at all.

... Now, I see "Unlimited CPANEL Hosting Only $10 per year!"

What did we decide with making "Unlimited" one of the --------- words? I think it would be funny if you only blanked out two letters, so it comes out --limited . The regulars will laugh because it completely reverses their ad meaning, and it draws the host to you "why can't I offer unlimited ____ ?"

Same thing with Warez, and a couple other words. (Is there ever a good time for Rapidleech?)

What did we decide with making "Unlimited" one of the --------- words? I think it would be funny if you only blanked out two letters, so it comes out --limited . The regulars will laugh because it completely reverses their ad meaning, and it draws the host to you "why can't I offer unlimited ____ ?"

Same thing with Warez, and a couple other words. (Is there ever a good time for Rapidleech?)

Quite a good idea on the --limited thing. I think we should also make Unmetered become --metered.
:)

It's a fun idea, I like it. I see two problems with it though. One, there are many many words that contain "un" that would be affected. Two, there are a couple of allowed uses of the word "unlimited". For instance unlimited email accounts. With invisionboard you can use the word filter to replace words with something else. That's from what I know not possible on vBulletin. If it is, I'll be happy to give it a try.

As for the word "warez", that might work better to put in the word filter. Any thoughts on this from other members?

It's a fun idea, I like it. I see two problems with it though. One, there are many many words that contain "un" that would be effected. Two, there are a couple of allowed uses of the word "unlimited". For instance unlimited email accounts. With invisionboard you can use the word filter to replace words with something else. That's from what I know not possible on vBulletin. If it is, I'll be happy to give it a try.

As for the word "warez", that might work better to put in the word filter. Any thoughts on this from other members?

I only meant for the word "unlimited" to be affected, I just don't know how the "replace" function works, I assumed it was "if BadWord, replace with Something", which is currently set to "all dashes", but I thought it would be funny if you could choose the string "--limited"

But ya know, I don't think you should allow "Unlimited" email accounts in ads either. Wanna know why? The Setup Labor. I wanna go to one of those hosts and say "yes please, set up my 9999 emails. ... Awww, what's the matter, too many?" People's "real" interpretation of "Unlimited" is like those aborigine tribes, "1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,Unlimited".

So yes, let's kill that word altogether, and the effect will ripple out.

Yeah, that's not how vBulletin works unfortunately. But to put a word filter on "unlimited" would be possible. Might be something we should try if others agree.

I have been very accommodating actually. For example, when a new member signs up, if they break a rule, I give them a warning more times than not and point them to the rules. If they repeat the offense and I catch it after said warning, then I infract. So, I don't make FWS hostile at all.

I don't see you on too much, haha.

Yeah, that's not how vBulletin works unfortunately. But to put a word filter on "unlimited" would be possible. Might be something we should try if others agree.

Eh, that might make communicating a little difficult. But, then again, we did figure out how to get past some of your F-cking blocks, lol

Back