• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Concert Tickets... I'm so %*^*$(^ annoyed. To say the damn least.

anhedonia

I'm on a boat
NLC
So, I went to buy concert tickets today at a presale that Ticketek was having.

The website has a 6 minute session timer, and just before the tickets were released, my session timer was about to run out, so I refreshed. Site crashed twice. Then loaded each page with about a 2-3 min wait each time.

Their phone line was engaged the whole time.

Finally get through, it's saying "Seats Available!" for the standing area (seats, huh?), the gold area, and the silver area. So I click through to choose what I want (gold). Get kicked back and told it's unavailable.

Go back, try Silver, which is, according to the site - still available.

Get kicked back and told they're unavailable.

Refresh, try again. Still saying BOTH are available, BOTH are still kicking me back.

Tried the 2nd date.

Same f--king thing. AVAILABLE! Kicked back. AVAILABLE! Kicked back. AVAILABLE! Kicked back. Refresh, trying to see the goddamn Unavailable marker and there ISN'T one.

47 minutes - yes, NEARLY AN HOUR - after they went on sale, it is STILL telling me that seats are available and then KICKING ME BACK.

6 minutes after it went on sale I couldn't get a ticket because their retarded website kept crashing.

Couldn't phone because their line was busy.

I can't even ring and abuse the hell out of them for their incredibly shoddy service. FFS I was only going to spend like $600 on tickets.

So pissed off right now.

Damn, that sucks. I've never really had that problem because most of the places I go are local bars/venues where they never sell out + cover charge is like $5-15.

Damn, that sucks. I've never really had that problem because most of the places I go are local bars/venues where they never sell out + cover charge is like $5-15.

Yeah :(.

Well, thankfully this was just the pre-sale and more tickets are going out at the end of the week.

But I'm just so irritated that their stupid crap doesn't even function half well. It was still showing up as available an hour after I had last tried and got knocked back... Not good enough. :(

Have you like, tried using IE to do the purchase? ;)

Tried Firefox and Internet Explorer on two different machines.

Going to see P!NK, are we?

F*ck yes. Did you see her last show? She's AMAZING live.

Although her new album is quite different to the previous 4... A lot more melancholy. It's really brilliant, but very sad...

We went twice and I spent nearly $1000 on merchandise last time. Lol.

Anyway, have to wait for the next release of tickets now.

This stupid %*$*#*% website is STILL saying seats are available. It's been nearly THREE Hours, you'd think they could get their shi!t together.

Hmm, went to the site again this morning, and it's still saying available, and guess what - they AREN'T!

Edit: And their phone number is still engaged...

Good work, guys. -.-

So many people who aren't really Pink fans seem to go to her shows.

Ye, then the real fans would miss out.
Kind of whats happening with Big Day Out these days. People are just going because they can, the festival sells out and people who actually want to go for the love of music miss out on tickets.

Ye, then the real fans would miss out.
Kind of whats happening with Big Day Out these days. People are just going because they can, the festival sells out and people who actually want to go for the love of music miss out on tickets.

Yeah, I hear that. It's total BS.

I saw a program that was about how many problems they were having with shows selling out and then tickets going on E-Bay for ridiculous amounts. I sort of wondered if that was the case here, but someone told me E-Bay won't let people sell tickets on there anymore and the auctions would just get deleted.

(The event on the TV show was a sporting one, not a concert. But same sort of thing.)

Ticketek sucks. Seriously.

Got in this morning after about 30 minutes of SOLID trying to load their site and after ones of waiting, had PERFECT tickets.

Went to buy them, it lagged out trying to confirm my credit card and kicked me.

Tried again. Same deal.

Tried again, used a different credit card, just in case.

Same deal.

Then the site kicks you because their 9 minute "session timer" boots you no matter where you are in the process and you have to attempt to load the site again.

It's ----.

I had me trying, bf trying, bf's coworker trying, dad trying, dad's coworker trying, only to have this crap for every single person.

And of course you can't phone them, I've been trying to call them for nearly 2 hours straight. Engaged, constantly. Not even a hold line, just engaged and then cut off.

Bf finally secured 2 tickets, they're not as close as the tickets they initially offered me and then kicked me from, but they aren't bad.

Their site is just a total joke, and considering it takes nearly 6 minutes to load each page just to GET to the buying part, the 9 minute session timer is a goddamn joke.

They would have been smarter to release the sales of the extra shows gradually, instead of all on the same day, obviously their site and phone staff can't handle it.

edit: Site is also CONTINUOUSLY saying "Seats Available" when they goddamn aren't. It's so retarded.

Last edited:
You'd have thought huge ticket websites would have figured out how to balance huge loads by now. Seriously, this happens with every big concert/festival.

Back