• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Considering to be a Host

realhosting

I'm considering to be a host soon...
need to price check on something..
If I'm going to offer 1GB space with 10GB bandwidth
also with unlimited FTP/PHP/MySQL accounts, CPanel
How much are people will to pay for these?

Originally posted by realhosting
I'm considering to be a host soon...
need to price check on something..
If I'm going to offer 1GB space with 10GB bandwidth
also with unlimited FTP/PHP/MySQL accounts, CPanel
How much are people will to pay for these?

While I think hosting is a great job, I have to strongly disagree for why you want to do it. It's hard job and it's not a game. It's not something that you do today and tomorrow can just back out of, people depend on you and your servers.

It seems like you just want to be a host because .. well you do. I'd suggest you highly rethink this. Being a host requires a lot of time that needs to be devoted to hosting, from providing support, to monitoring your servers.

Can I ask who old you are?

[edit]

Let me add that the prices you set for your hosting packages aren't just prices that you are setting so you can "compete" with other hosts.. You need to set prices that will allow your company to grow and to profit, to expand and to remain strong in the hosting industry. There are many hosts out there that offer hosting packages at a very low cost ($1.99-$3.99) and while that may seems Great, where does it leave room for the host? Take away transaction fees, Paypalfees, and anything else and they are left with nothing.

If you are serious, I suggest you have at least $1,000 dollars standing by.

Last edited:
Re: Re: Considering to be a Host

Originally posted by Robert
While I think hosting is a great job, I have to strongly disagree for why you want to do it. It's hard job and it's not a game. It's not something that you do today and tomorrow can just back out of, people depend on you and your servers.

It seems like you just want to be a host because .. well you do. I'd suggest you highly rethink this. Being a host requires a lot of time that needs to be devoted to hosting, from providing support, to monitoring your servers.

Can I ask who old you are?
I am agree with Robert that it is a great but hard job and now a days there are lot of paid hosting companies so competition is tough specially for new paid hosts.

Normally in this forum, hosts are not allowed to reply, but as this is a "learner" host to be, constructive advice from hosts will be allowed. :)

i do the advertising and admin a server for the host i am on, and i have to say its pretty hard. Especially since the problems get forwarded to me and i have to handle them.

Some customers have trouble learning or need extra guidance, and you just need to have patience. it really is not a game. I had some experience with a free host before taking this "job" but this is harder since they pay.

Personnally i dont have to do all the background stuff and all the money business but i dont doubt its hard. I hope you ge thru the first few weeks.

Good luck to you.

Tell you what, when you decide to start a hosting company, you have to know you are selling prices or services, if you are selling prices, for example: $5/month for 1 GB space, some clients will still say it is expensive, some kids even want it free, and this kind of clients will give you lots of hassles as well.

If you are selling services, some clients will come here for the services, the don't mind how much they pay, even they pay you $100 bucks for the 1gb space, they still want to pay cos you are providing fantastic services.

So I perfer to sell services, higher price and less hassle.

:)

Originally posted by Hosting-PP
Tell you what, when you decide to start a hosting company, you have to know you are selling prices or services, if you are selling prices, for example: $5/month for 1 GB space, some clients will still say it is expensive, some kids even want it free, and this kind of clients will give you lots of hassles as well.

If you are selling services, some clients will come here for the services, the don't mind how much they pay, even they pay you $100 bucks for the 1gb space, they still want to pay cos you are providing fantastic services.

So I perfer to sell services, higher price and less hassle.

:)

Your entire post goes against everything you offer, which is Free hosting as one of your packages.

If I am reading you right, you prefer to sell your plans at a mre expensive cost because you aren't worth $2.99-$3.99 a month, yet that's what you offer..

Back