• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Converting newer database mysql file to older version ?

Jerome

Heya guys,

it's is very important.

i have a host, that is still down , i guess, they are using 4.1.19-standard, given with the cpanel and etc.

but the trouble comes when i am fedup with the previous host and decide to move to a more reliable host. unfortunately , they are using 4.0.27-standard.

I face a problem when i cannot upload my new sql data files, there. it say version not same.

anything i can do ?

I think not, there is no way to convert sql from 4.1 downwards, the only way is up I'm afraid.

that is to say i can't go to my new host ?

anyway, here's the problem. see if anyone can help me.

MySQL said:

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1' at line 10

But even if i removed that, it give me this,

MySQL said:

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'INSERT INTO `wp_categories` VALUES (1, 'Past@Blogspot', 'pastbl

i need to fix my wordpress quickly

Go into phpMyAdmin, and use the export function. There's a "SQL export compatibility" field, and put that to MYSQL40. That should do it :)

his host is down....
WHM said:
Updating from a previous verion of MySQL to a later version is not automaticlly reversable. You should backup your databases if you think you might wish to downgrade in the future.

First off, you can export from phpmyadmin / mysql 4.1.19 a 4.0 compatible version of the sql dump in Operations -> SQL options -> SQL export compatibility -> MYSQL40

If you can't for some reason, MYSQL 4.1.x adds ENGINE=ISAM for example.
The 4.0.x compatible is TYPE=ISAM ... so
-- FIND :
ENGINE=
-- REPLACE WITH:
TYPE=

4.1 also adds DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 for example.
I think by just removing DEFAULT it should work, but generally i remove the whole line.
-- DELETE:
DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1

That's about it.

-credit to Shoei, for helping me out

http://www.namepros.com/programming/225134-some-differences-when-using-mysql-4-a.html

Back