• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

cPanel, xPanel & LayeredPanel

Whoever gave me bad rep for saying you can't get cpanel for $8 check out http://smokyhosts.com to name just one. I never said stand alone you knob head.

It just shows what this forum has come to when noobs can hand out bad rep to senior members/ web hosts because they're ignorant and basicly have no idea what they're talking about. This place is becoming a farce.

Last edited:
Whoever gave me bad rep for saying you can't get cpanel for $8 check out http://smokyhosts.com to name just one. I never said stand alone you knob head.

It just shows what this forum has come to when noobs can hand out bad rep to senior members/ web hosts because they're ignorant and basicly have no idea what they're talking about. This place is becoming a farce.

I am sure we can figure who it was and are running close to trademark infringement on there site from what i can see.

lol it's funny i post this comment and get bad rep also. What morons, and they can't even post back to the thread

cPanel is probably the best solution with being the most well known, and possibly in my experience, the easiest and most reliable from the three given.

Each CP has it's own pro's and con's, but I find cPanel to be the best (out of the three listed in the thread title). I find it to be the most professional-looking, and feature-wise, I find it superior to the others. IMO, of course.

Chris

I can't understand why owners use layered panel.

because
Layeredpanel has too many limitions.

example)

extension limit
PHP Safe mode is on
ADS
cgi,perl isn't working
PHP environment is inconvenient for users.
.htaccess isn't allowed.
etc

Spoken like a someone who doesn't know much;

- extension limit can be switched off/on
- php safe can be switched off/on, globally and per user
- ads can be switched off/on, globally and per user
- cgi/perl can be switched off/on, globally and per user
- what does 'inconvenient for users' mean?
- .htaccess can be allowed globally
- post the rest too please, so I can add more 'x can be switched on/off, globally and per user'

I love cPanel, and lots of people do, so cPanel is best!

Me too! If my free host would be making $100.000 / month. It doesn't, so I use Layeredpanel, which works like a charm and is really easy to customize so it looks like it is custom made (as all really big sites have; no really big free hoster uses cpanel/h-sphere/xpanel ; they use something custom built; layeredpanel or xpanel allow me to grow to that slowly, whereas 'the big ones' do not; layeredpanel is much more resource friendly so I chose that).

Spoken like a someone who doesn't know much;

- extension limit can be switched off/on
- php safe can be switched off/on, globally and per user
- ads can be switched off/on, globally and per user
- cgi/perl can be switched off/on, globally and per user
- what does 'inconvenient for users' mean?
- .htaccess can be allowed globally
- post the rest too please, so I can add more 'x can be switched on/off, globally and per user'

Hi,could anyone tell me where you can change these? I use layered panel but can't find where I can change them in the admin panel.

Thank you!

My server was just updated to the latest version of cPanel/WHM (cPanel 11). Man, it looks fantastic. :) Finally, we have some AJAX!

Chris

Back