• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

cPanel, xPanel & LayeredPanel

loon loon

Somebody told me if you want to get a free hosting xPanel & LayeredPanel are more suitable compare to cPanel. Anybody agree or disagree with it? and why?

cPanel has millions of dollars to pour into their development.....

xPanel and LP do not.........nuff said lol.

look at their prices, for a owned license then consider how many servers are running that. 10's of millions I'd say!

Go with cpanel, clients are brand snobs (nothin personal:p) who like cpanel because their familiar with it, the extra revenue that cpanel brings because of this. Also bear in mind that cpanel is more secure than many others meaning you pay less becuase you get hacked less.

Cpanel is the post popular among the the other control panels. As for me I use cPanel, I got used to it. XPanel and LPanel ... hm I have never used them and I don't know how much they are effective in usage.

I personaly prefer Direct Admin to them all. cPanel is the most widely used though.

cpanel can not be bought, a host can not own
it, it is leased, so their cost for it ontop of the server and everything else
dictates how much thay have to charge. same goes for free hsoing services.

Hosting would be cheaper if we quit using hosting service's using cPanel.
Oh, and fantatico can not be owned, it costs about $400.00 a year
those 2 cPanel, and fantatico put the burden on the users to pay more
for hosting.

Just my observation of the past 5 years.

Zcoder....

wrong you can buy a permanent lease, it costs about 1200 USD i think.
another good one is plesk, but i do prefer cpanel, and so do most others

Cpanel X is better in so many ways than Xpanel. Layer Panel doesn't look to bad. One phrase 'supply and demand'....

cPanel by far is the most-used, and therefore more users like it, but, I personally hate xPanel and layeredpanel, along with plesk. DirectAdmin is awesome though.

cPanel 100% of the way. So much easier than others. It may be a lot expensive but it's worth it, you got some good add-ons & it's both easy for the newbie and advanced (in WHM) for the pro.

cPanel is also more desirable because it's popular and people think if that company use cPanel they must be good. :p

I personally say go with cpanel. Cpanel is much more secure than the other panels and is much more widely used. If you are thinking about starting a hosting company, go with cpanel. (lots of clients want that)

cpanel can not be bought, a host can not own
it, it is leased, so their cost for it ontop of the server and everything else
dictates how much thay have to charge. same goes for free hsoing services.

Hosting would be cheaper if we quit using hosting service's using cPanel.
Oh, and fantatico can not be owned, it costs about $400.00 a year
those 2 cPanel, and fantatico put the burden on the users to pay more
for hosting.

Just my observation of the past 5 years.

Zcoder....

Not suire where you get your fantastico license's but from there main site they are only $90

I have been working with cPanel for about 5 years, But recently moved to DirectAdmin And I can say for Sure that DirectAdmin is the best at the moment & the best of all cost less money.

Back