• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

DAP Has Spyware?

DCI

Reset?™
NLC
:confused2
I used Ad-Aware. Latest version and it says DAP has spyware.

Anyone know what DAP Spyware does?

Oops.. DAP is now f00ked.

I try downloading with DAP. Now get errors. :angry2:

DAP used to be good, but then it got messed up with its mass ads, i heard that it also had spyware too.
lame lame lame to the extreme.

Don't trust Ad-Aware blindly. I don't know about this DAP thingy but I do know that Ad-Aware reports my own files as spyware. It scans for the software's NAME or part of it and I seriously doubt that it does much more. Name text file "comet.txt" and scan. ;)

I think Ad-Aware and spyware lists in general are partly evil. They give innocent software a bad reputation because they seldom have details, like what company that makes the program.

Sure, Gator is Gator but there are for instance a bunch of file renaming tools called ReNameIt, RenamIt! Rename-it and so on. ONE of them is spyware. All of them have a bad rep because all the lists say is "renameit". :angry2:

It works for me on 26.4kbps and I noticed a little difference on DSL, but on 26.4 I would get 3-4kbps on average

if you rename a text file to comet.txt adware will pick it up cuz
what a scanner really do is that it search for a file that matches up with the name in the list that it had that goes for all scanner
adware is pretty much the best out there + its free

:rolleyes:
That's what I was saying. You can just as well get their list of spyware and check against that before you install dubious stuff.

Back