• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Darryl Kile dead

Rodie

This is horrible news from Major League Baseball.

Darryl Kile, a 33-year old pitcher for the St. Louis Cardinals was found dead in his hotel room this morning. Their game against the Cubs today was postponed and tommorrow's probably will be as well.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/news/2002/0622/1397921.html

I know a lot of you probably don't follow American baseball, but this is a sad day for all of sports.

The Cardinals have had a horrible week. Their longtime announcer, Jack Buck, died just a few days ago. :cry2:

It's truly devastating. I know I don't follow baseball, but anytime someone that young dies, it's horrible.

I wonder why he died. Certainly with no medial or health problems, and only being 33, natural causes just doesn't seem to fit.

The latest speculation was that maybe it was a brain clot. His dad died that way when he was only 44, so it might be some freak genetic thing. It's sad any way you slice it though.

I agree. No matter how you break it down, if you can figure out how it happened, it's not like you can bring him back.

It's been a bad year for baseball people... In addition to Jack Buck and Darryl Kile, during Spring Training here in Phoenix, the Padres' Mike Darr was killed in a roll-over accident on the freeway, and Nick Bierbrodt, a pitcher for Tampa Bay's AAA team, (and a former Diamondbacks prospect), was shot in South Carolina, but at least lived. Wierd stuff. :(

Yeah, noone really expects a 33 year old athelete to die in his sleep. :cry2:
Very sad indeed.

He'd even had dinner with his brother without anything seeming unusual... strange how quick it can happen. :( He was scheduled to start tomorrow, and pitched great in his last outing... I feel sorry for the pitcher who has to take that start (and for that matter the rest of the Cards trying to play the game, even though they say they want to play it).

It will be interesting to watch the game tomorrow. As a Cubs fan, I'd probably watch it anyway, but now it's even more meaningful. I think it will be nationally broadcast on ESPN, so they could do a nice big tribute. :)

Originally posted by Rodie
It will be interesting to watch the game tomorrow. As a Cubs fan, I'd probably watch it anyway, but now it's even more meaningful. I think it will be nationally broadcast on ESPN, so they could do a nice big tribute. :)

I believe that ESPN has already planned which games they are going to show. I doubt they're going to change that.

Back