• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Dedicated or Lease-To-Own

XFH-Jay

Looking for a dedicated under $70/month of any sort or a lease-to-own type offer.

Let me know what you've got and please keep the costs under $100.

I understand it won't be ultra-powerful but I'd still like to see what can be offered.

Thanks

Hi, if you have a look on http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/showthread.php?p=1056569#post1056569 we have our offers mainly under $100 per month, for instance, one of our server's available:

AMD Dual Athlon 2400
- 2GB RAM
- 2x 120GB SATA HDD
- 1,500GB Transfer (100Mbps Port Speed)
- 5 IP's
- $75.00

To get the above server for $65.00 per month, by using the coupon SETMEUP01.

See the URL above for our FWS thread to see the OS's/Control Panel's we offer.

EDIT: Also, on the above offer, I am willing to release it as rent-to-own (minimum 6 month contract), but it'd be $15.00 extra per month, which will come with DirectAdmin FREE for the lifetime of the account.

To order, please email us via sales@buzzservers.com quoting this reply.

Last edited:
Here is what we can offer you keeping your budget in mind.

Dedicated Server
------------------------
P4 2.4 Ghz 533 Mhz CPU
1 GB RAM
80 GB SATA
3 ips
1000 GB Bandwidth
Remote reboot
Price : $69 / mo

Details on this weeks offer is available at : http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2219080

Network Providers: Internap + Savvis (with Cogent + level3 as backup)
IP To Ping: 216.176.188.1
Test file download: https://noc.wowrack.com/20meg.zip

Our Datacenter is in the Seattle, WA

Website Address : http://www.wowrack.com Contact Us - 1.206.522.4402

I'm a little confused with rent to own, I hope that someone can clear this up.

What happens when you "own" the server? If you terminate your account, does the server get sent to you?

What happens when you "own" the server but wish to continue with the host you're at, does your monthly price drop significantly because all you're paying for is transfer, monitoring and electricity?

[UW]Glenn;1056590 said:
I'm a little confused with rent to own, I hope that someone can clear this up.

What happens when you "own" the server? If you terminate your account, does the server get sent to you?

What happens when you "own" the server but wish to continue with the host you're at, does your monthly price drop significantly because all you're paying for is transfer, monitoring and electricity?

Hey Glenn,
It called RTO [ Rent to Own ] what happens is after a certain period of billing the server is considered yours.

By that it means that you are owner of the specs. You just need to pay for your Colocation.

I hope this makes things clearer.

Thank you,
Mehboob

Hey Glenn,
It called RTO [ Rent to Own ] what happens is after a certain period of billing the server is considered yours.

By that it means that you are owner of the specs. You just need to pay for your Colocation.

I hope this makes things clearer.

Thank you,
Mehboob

Thanks for clearing this up. So you would get a reduced monthly payment (Paying for colo rather then both the server and colo) But then what happens if you cancel the account after the server is considered "owned" ?

After it's owned and you cancel it you normally have the option of having it shipped to you or picking it up.

.Adam, what datacenter is the servers located in?

Are you searching a server which can be in the price range of $100 or you need only rent to own servers ? Few companies are offering this rent to own servers but it will be more than $100 per month for a one year period

After it's owned and you cancel it you normally have the option of having it shipped to you or picking it up.

.Adam, what datacenter is the servers located in?

You would be located in Joe's Data Center (http://www.joesdatacenter.com/) which is located in Kansas City, MO.

Also, if you take our offer, after the 6 months, we can offer co-location services to you (avoiding any downtime):

1U-2U Server
Unmonitored Power
1,500GB Bandwidth (on a 100Mbps Port Speed)
Unlimited Reboots
5 IP's
Costing $70.00 per month.

Are you searching a server which can be in the price range of $100 or you need only rent to own servers ? Few companies are offering this rent to own servers but it will be more than $100 per month for a one year period

I'm looking for either. Rent-to-own would be another option but I am looking for both.

I'm looking for either. Rent-to-own would be another option but I am looking for both.

Rent to own servers will be bit costly and more than the rate quoted $100 try ezzi.net they are one company providing this service to my knowledge, few others like pacificrack are also there but too costly to afford

Rent to own servers will be bit costly and more than the rate quoted $100 try ezzi.net they are one company providing this service to my knowledge, few others like pacificrack are also there but too costly to afford
There are so many other Companies who offer RTO. Check WHT, I had made a thread on it around a year ago myself. (user: ganesh-rao)

There are so many other Companies who offer RTO. Check WHT, I had made a thread on it around a year ago myself. (user: ganesh-rao)

I do agree but the OP is asking the server rate should be less than $100 for good specs, in this case this is not offered by not many companies.

I do agree but the OP is asking the server rate should be less than $100 for good specs, in this case this is not offered by not many companies.
100 USD/m with 18-24 months contract is definitely doable. But not worth it to the OP as by then those servers become outdated and have loads of issues. By the time you own the server, you have a snail that is half broken.

100 USD/m with 18-24 months contract is definitely doable. But not worth it to the OP as by then those servers become outdated and have loads of issues. By the time you own the server, you have a snail that is half broken.

Buzz Servers base RTO on 6 months :)

One thing no one has brought up is what are the tax implications: If you are US based, the tax implications can be significant depending on your corporate structure. In one of my businesses I try to "rent" as much as possible so I can keep the taxes simple and still maximize my write off.

Just something to think about....

What location are you looking for? I can make you an offer for Dedicated or Rent to Own (6 or 12 months) in Dallas TX or Frankfurt Germany.

Allright then:
- Dallas Infomart Facility
- Carriers: Internap, Level 3, Global Crossing, XO Communications route optimization by Internap FCP control.

12 months lease to own base
Core2Duo E8200
2GB DDR2 RAM
250GB Harddrive
Debian OS installed / other linux distro's available
2500GB Traffic / month
$ 99.95 / month

Back