• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

DigitalHost - Dont go there

acetg

I am posting this message to tell everyone about how lazy the owner of Digital-Host.net is. After we at Mifix worked SO hard to get users subdomains, Jeremy just went into out config and copied the config, because he was too lazy to configure it his self. If you wonder how he got into our system, well, he knows the root passwd. :(..Anyways. I know this because i went into his system and looked at the config..its exactly the same. And Digital host got subdomains RIGHT after Mifix did. I dont care if you go with Mifix or not (even though its the best..lol)..I just want you all to be warned about Digital. Plus, its on a 56k MODEM!! BTw..I didnt hack Digital-host to get their configs..Jeremy is too lazy to secure it. You can download ANYTHING off of his server. The entire member database even. I am VERY mad. I also think this is very unfair. And i Think its very STUPID. After someone works SO VERY HARD to do something, someone else just goes and copys it and says its their hard work. While looking at some FreeWebTemplates.com templates, i noticed some of the very same things. People work so hard to make an awsome template, then someone goes and changes a few colors, and claims it as THEIR hard work. I just dont think this is right PERIOD..and that is why being able to copyright stuff should be FREE. Even though i dont think you can copyright a design, you should be able to. I dont think the copyright laws are strict enough. ALSO, I know you cant copyright a config file..because i know some stupid person would get on here and reply with that..so i just had to say it. I am not dissing anyone who is reading this message, I just wanted to post my thoughts on this matter. Please vote on this little poll too!

oops..i forgot to click make a poll..Just put in your reply:

1 Definetlly
2 yes
3 no
4 We dont care what you think

Put one of those..Thanks

The entire member database even.

LOL..There is only 27 members..You can also get the passwds too..I wouldnt trust my webpages..also hard work...with somehost that unsecure..Just login to FTP and you can download anything.

You can't just log into FTP and get anything. And if aceTG got the config it is considered hacking due to the fact being if some accesses somewhere there not suppose to be it is considered hacking.

Originally posted by acetg
oops..i forgot to click make a poll..Just put in your reply:

1 Definetlly
2 yes
3 no
4 We dont care what you think

Put one of those..Thanks

You also forgot to ask a question. In a legible way anyway.
acetgl, could you please just give it a break? You are embarrassing yourself and boring the rest of us.

Hush...Jeremy can hear you and change his PW and then acetg can't get into Jeremy's system...You see? Total catastrophe and the end of Mifix quality hosting. :rolleyes:

Back