• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

DigitalRice.com

Eclipse

http://www.digitalrice.com/site/hosting.shtml

What's your comment on above text? They offer 10 mb, ftp, no ads, asp + php, access(?) + mysql.

It seems their service is kind of slow... but also, it depends on the programming! I surfed their members section "personal pages", most returned error messages.

Of all the 241 free hostes currently this is my "winner" so far! :)

They have php, I don't think they mysql yet and they are based on nt, but I've had good experience, and they're usually not slow. Recommended

About banners...

What confuses me is the note about banners on their info page posted above.

Do they or don't they demand banners!?

I tried to mail them yesterday but I have yet got an answer. Maybe they don't reply to e-mail? Or maybe I'm better off calling to check they got my mail...? :)

I recommend datablocks.net

20 MB, CGI, PHP, SSI, No ads (okay, they have a Error-404-redirection), .htaccess (can override the 404-redirection!), MySQL...

Originally posted by coldtobi

20 MB, CGI, PHP, SSI, No ads (okay, they have a Error-404-redirection), .htaccess (can override the 404-redirection!), MySQL...

They have been having problems. Still like them, but problems :(

Re: About banners...

Originally posted by Eclipse
What confuses me is the note about banners on their info page posted above.

Do they or don't they demand banners!?

till now I have not seen a banner on my testpage, but netwhistle shows me a lot of downs. *When* it works, then the speed is ok, sometimes I can say it is incredible fast.

Albert

Re: Re: About banners...

Originally posted by Albert
*When* it works, then the speed is ok, sometimes I can say it is incredible fast

Oh, I forgot to say, while the speed of the webserver is ok for me, the upload to the ftp server is slow(er) and I had some broken connections (timeout)

Albert

Originally posted by coldtobi

Thanks alot for the link. Datablocks seemed okej. they don't support asp... but tht's fine. digitalrice is all screwed! today i got nothing but 404 messages!

I tried to mail them and they're terrible slow in answering. Being a host i expect an answer within 24 hrs. I kown i live in sweden and i don't count weekends. See how datablocks do when it comes to mail! :)

Down...

Yesterday, 2-2-01, Digital Rice was down. Today, 2-3-01, it has been bringing up Forbidden and 403 errors. Hmmm...

Yes... agree. What's the deal!? Does this affect just THEIR startpage or all pages!? If it's just their page then it's not a big deal, but if the entire comunity is affected... then I don't know....

Originally posted by Eclipse
Yes... agree. What's the deal!? Does this affect just THEIR startpage or all pages!? If it's just their page then it's not a big deal, but if the entire comunity is affected... then I don't know....

A few minutes ago I got for their homepage the message again: You don't have permission to access / on this server (403), but my page works, ftp does not - wrong password, although it is correct)

Back