• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

DirectClanHosting.com fraud or not?

sander k

NLC
Hello all,

About 2 months ago I bought a dedicated server from www.directclanhosting.com for 610 English Pounds.
For that I will get Quad Core 2.4ghz, 4GB ramm, 500GB Sata/Raid.
With Linux, Xen, HyperVM on it.

They told us that it will take them 48 hours to get the server online in the UK.

After the payment It took them 3 weeks to get the server online.
After that we discoverd that we only had a 150GB Sata, not the 500GB we ordered. Also there was Windows Server 2003 installed on it and none of the VPS software we ordered.

Now 2 months later, we still didn't get the right harddrive and there is still Windows on the server. We can not use it for anything.

We emailed this webhost like twice a day and also spent €35 on calling the guy. We also asked for a refund twice, but he doesn't give refunds he says.

Yesterday we got an email from him, telling us that we had to pay an other 50 English pounds for the Co-Location.

We do not want to pay that.
Yesterday I sent him a reply giving him 3 chooses.
1. Rebuild/reinstall the server.
2. Give us a full refund.
3. He has the time untill June the first to do one of the above options or I start a lawsuit.

What can I do about that? Do you have any idea?
I their a legal way to get my money back without the use of a lawyer?

Oh, I paid through bank.

I would say that this is fraud, we do not get any support what so ever.

If you paid through the bank with paypal, I would sue him for sure. You most likely cannot get your money back.

Hello,

Depending on the method of payment (in more detail) you may be able to file a dispute with your bank and get the money back (that is if you hadn't used it).

If you had this machine for this long, I am not sure why you didn't demand it be working the way you ordered within the first week. I'm not sure I would even have waited 3 weeks for this.

If you need any advice etc, give me a shout on msn, I have no problem lending a hand just insure you can prove that what your saying is correct. ;).

In regards to being fraud, Its hard to say if the issue was indeed fraud, it looks that way considering what you have mentioned however there is always 2 sides. Now in terms of being experienced. I would say no. A game server provider should know that offering a service like VNC on a Linux box for "admin work" is a bad idea, the amount of resources that is consuming running is a huge problem.

Last edited:
We paid by bank, not true paypal.
Every time we complained, they told us it would take an other week.
We still dont even have the serial number :9

i like to add here some more detais to it :)

it was not 3 weeks , but about 1 month - 2 months

it was a new ordered server and he promised us that he can do all the stuff we asked to him

i got there a other server , a hired 1 and that was fine (working well and setup in 48 hours)

he promised me to keep that server online until my other server was ready , 1 month later , he ask me to take backups
i send to him that i dont need backups but he keeps asking the same thing (what point do he not understand ??)

then the backups are ready (after 1 week) and my other server goes down , i warn every1 to say that the other server is ready in 48 hours (like he told me) and it tooks again 1 month with out any notice

we know that the datacenter shutted us down for a reason i dont want to say (just a stupid reason)

we needed to contact the datacenter to know the reason , and he dont even thell it to us
the only thing he says is ... we are sorting it out ...

so , we got tired of it
and we wanted him for court (or how does it calls ??)

then 1 day later , i got a email with the server ip/pass
so the server was then instand online

i take a look and
windows 2003 ...
1 ip adress .....
150 GB hd

the spects i asked in the beginning was

Linux
HyperVM
Xen
10 Ip adresses
500GB hd

he promised me that + 1 month free colo as a refund from my other server (got 3 months left by him)

i send him a email again ( a couple of times) to explain what i need , just the same way as i write above ( step per step + links to the programs and everything you need , so nothing can go wrong )

he "promised" that he take care of it and that it will be ready soon

now 2 weeks later + a billing colocation + a money request ( and 1.1TB traffic of the only website i can put on it )
then it is still the same .. nothing changed

yesterday i send him again the email whit the simple explenation of what I need (even a child of 3 year can understand it on the way i written it ) ...

now he reply to me .. is that wat you want ??

so it looks for 100% fraude to me and i got no idea how i can take care of it or what i can do agains it

the billing is paid by credit card (no paypall , just a kinda wire transfer or how it calls , from bank to bank )

in the meantime i ordered somewhere els a server
and it was ready + operational in less then 48 hours (including setup i asked)
and now i just want to get my server from him
or i want to get a refund from him

the biggest problem is that i dont got detais of my server , so i cant say what server is mine (do he even have a new server ?? or just a verry expensive garbage server ?? )

note : i ordered a brand NEW server , not a hired server

then i readed that you like to know why i need that server and why it took that long and why i was w8ting for that

here goes the reasons

1) it is a dedi vps server , to create vps servers
2) i needed that server as fast as posseble for not losing clients (lost them already because of him)
3) my online game was on the server running and it needed to stay online (is offline now for about 3 months :'()

4) i dint know any other provider that could give me the same spects (Quadcore , buying , no traffic limit , not to high colo costs , outside the usa)

so , if any1 can help me with this problem , then i like to thank you for it

if some1 need full information of what comunication is happening betwean me and him , then feel free to ask

then i liket to add a other note over this host
i told him that he can talk to my co owner (sander) and he even refuse to email/talk to him

he dit a trick to him
he wanted to know if he was just ignoring or that he wasnt online
now the funny part , from the moment his girlfriend talks over that she want to buy , then there follows a fast and clean respone

from the moment she talks over sander ... then the line was death (no response anymore )

so that shows again that it goes over fraude for me

i hope some1 can help me to get rid of him
by getting the money back or by doing him damage on a other way (you know what i mean )

Thank you
Greets From The Crasher
Webmaster

The Crasher (Nico) is the president of our company,
I am just the Vice President, I do PR and stuff like that ;)

I told him I got some reactions on this forum, so he thought it was needed for a bigger explanation.

I purchased a server, They said within 24 hours, 3 days later i ask, Within a week. That went on for a month before i finaly said to paypal what happened. For some reason i got no refund... I just left them and posted a very similar topic to this on WHT

Damn, what did you do to get your money back?

Did you sue them?

*edit: Because we are about to sue them in Breda, Netherlands.

Last edited:
We did not sue them,
We let it go as it was 'Only' 69 euros

Oh, it was a bit more then that with us :(

If we don't get what we want by monday we will start a lawsuit.
I guess you don't want to combine our forcess to get your money back as well? The lawsuit will be in court in Breda, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands.
I do not have a date yet, as he still has a small period of time to respond.

No thanks,
But tell me the result of it, It would be interesting.

At the moment we are trying to remove it (the server) from his rack, so we can ship it to the USA.
But that is kind of hard if you don't have much information.

*edit: But we are getting lots of good help from buzzservers :D

Last edited:
update of last chat

i got a update at this moment
this is his last reply he sended to me after 10 emails to sander and so (i asked sander to take care of it )

here comes my first sended email (after the 10 of sander)
-----
Hi josh
let me explain why i want all the info (serial number , rack place , datacenter and so on)
so i got FULL info instead only a number
and so i can be verified as the owner and can move it without a problem

i want proof that the server is my server
i want to move it with no problem
i want to be able to verifie the right computer
i want to prevent trouble because incomplete information

can you send me
serial number of computer case (all i need)
serial number of the processor (verifie if it is the right case)
serial numer of motherbord (verifie if it is the right processor in the right case)
rack number
the place in the rack

Thank you
Greets From The Crasher
----

here comes the reply mail (in case of intrests)
----------
Most of that information i need to find,

The tag of the machine is ****** (3 letters and 3 numbers there)
Data Centre: Blue Square 1 Maidenhead

Nico, You don'ti need to worry about this yet you will get the machine left and available for someone to pick it up.

I will tell you near the time for now we will host it for free. I know you have bad mouth us over the internet on forums. But anyway i don't care anymore.
-------

after you need to wait for 2 months on your server .. how mutch you belive in this email ?? how trusty is it that he will give the stuff i asked ?? , how long does it going take before he give the thing i asked ??
and a lot more questions over the same thing that is called ... support ...

Then i like to add a small note of what sander told me
its a bit funny
after he finaly answer the emails on a fast tempo (8 emails on 10 min) does he send a browser highjacker in 1 of his emails ( windows livecare detected it , it was a atachment as pdf file , virus scanner popped up and email got deleted)

if you know this , what you think then over it ?? some 1 that sends a virus to your comp ?? thats a nice host .. lets kick his comp down because he get irritating on forums by making my company bad ??

i dont know if some1 els got this before with 1 other host ?? but i never got that before

the bad side of this all is that i cant trust any1 anymore , because this host and some other hosts that just rip you off (yes , its crisis everywhere but still , how low can you go ? )

ok , this was the update so far of this :D

Greets From The Crasher

This is rediculous, you shouldn't have been put through all that since it's not exactly difficult to follow instructions, or install Linux.

Why didn't they provide you with KVMoIP access? That would have allowed you to install everything you required or even hire someone else to do it.

The last email I got about 12 hours ago is this one:

Hello,

I am going to the data centre this month, I will email you and i can get you sorted out ok?

Kind Regards

This month? This month just started. He is a bit to late.
I pressed charges with the consumer association about this and will see my lawyer in a couple of hours.

I will tell you near the time for now we will host it for free. I know you have bad mouth us over the internet on forums. But anyway i don't care anymore.

So, he doesn't care that someone's going to file a lawsuit against him?

He must be rich.

Back