• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

dk3.com VS. f2s.com

I would go with F2s
They have been around longer and most likey will be around alot longer.

I would choose F2S. They've been here for a while and dk3 probably hasn't. And if they have, they weren't well known. Hosts that are not well known are not well known for a reason.

Therefore, I choose F2S.

Originally posted by Coolin
I would choose F2S. They've been here for a while and dk3 probably hasn't. And if they have, they weren't well known. Hosts that are not well known are not well known for a reason.

Therefore, I choose F2S.

lack of advertising?

If in doubt, I'd go with F2s. They have downtimes, but I know what I'm getting into there.

*thinks for a moment* And also, about the lack of advertising: does f2s advertise? I've never seen them on an ad, and they're still well known. I think it's because people actually recommend them. =^_^=

~ hime-chan

Originally posted by hime-chan
If in doubt, I'd go with F2s. They have downtimes, but I know what I'm getting into there.

*thinks for a moment* And also, about the lack of advertising: does f2s advertise? I've never seen them on an ad, and they're still well known. I think it's because people actually recommend them. =^_^=

~ hime-chan

I don't think they have banners anywhere - I've never seen any floating around the internet anyway. I do think most people hear about f2s from word of mouth. I didn't know anything about them until I started coming to these forums and f2s was mentioned in just about every thread concerning ad-free webhosts. The fact that so many people recommend them to other people has to say something about the quality of the service...

*smiles* Yes, it's hard to get a good reputation. It is a good service, and I think if I ever get a commercial homepage it will be a global homepage with them. =^_^=

~ Hime-chan (was this post necessary? no. does it matter? no.)

Well, I personally have had problems with dk3's ftp, something about maximum connections met so I couldn't log on.

100x HTTP-request

F2S : av. 1459msec
dk3 : AV. 2103msec

they are both without ads and with SSI , PHP , CGI
F2S : 20MB , 5MB MySQL
DK3 : Unl. space , no MySQL

This is really random, but I get the impression that dk3 designs their site with frontpage due to the fact that they use the fprolloverstyle tag.

Well, the design of the F2S.com isn't the bestest of the world, either. :) Let's not judge their services by that. Although I think it would be fun if they held a competition to see wether one of their subscribers can do better and then would offer better services as a recompense. :)

I know I have strange ideas.

+ hime-chan

i think d3k is having some problems when i tried to upload a file named nav4.jpg. It is telling that u don't have permission to have a file name like this. I think f2s is the best.

Well, the design of the F2S.com isn't the bestest of the world, either. Let's not judge their services by that. Although I think it would be fun if they held a competition to see wether one of their subscribers can do better and then would offer better services as a recompense.

Uh.... I was just saying something, not judging them..

*nervous laughter* I didn't mean to make it sound like you were judging them, either. I was just putting up what it made me think - because every time I go to the f2s.com site, I don't like it.
:)

I'm sorry if I have insulted you.

+ hime-chan

Back