• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Does anyone know what's going on with SimpleCDN?

MSharma

I just saw on SimpleCDN's site that their service was abruptly shut down, here's what SimpleCDN said:http://admin.simplecdn.com/. Apparently it was without warning and their customers have been left stranded. Here's one of the alternative cdn providers they appear to be recommending: http://blog.maxcdn.com/but I'm wondering if anyone has used them or has any feedback on other low cost cdn's?

I don't have a ton of traffic but I want to add a cdn to my site. Can someone recommend other options I should be looking at?

Thanks,

Mike

I'd recommend you to do a search on all possible reliable web hosting providers via Goolge, compare them and then choose the best one.

I believe that you should choose choose time-tested web hosting provider.
There are many web hosting offers located in 'web hosting offers' section.

A statement was made at Slashdot concerning some the events which have recently occurred with SimpleCDN.

From here:
"Hosting giants SoftLayer, ThePlanet, Hosting Services Inc., and UK2 Group are teaming up to wipe out small competitors like SimpleCDN. Though ThePlanet isn't directly involved in the slicing of SimpleCDN's throat, ThePlanet runs the sales chat scripts for SoftLayer (check your NoScript). As a loyal customer of SimpleCDN, I really do not appreciate the disruption of service to a company I have been with for over a year. SimpleCDN's president wrote, 'Absolutely no valid reason or warning was or has been given for this termination, and our best guess currently is that these organizations could not provide the services that we contracted and paid for, so instead they decided that terminating services would be the best solution for them.'"

Hi!
Before selection, you can read those company's positive reviews.
But make sure those reviews are original. :talk:

Back