• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Domain hosting

Mellow

Hello,
I'm looking for a free host for a friend who just registered a domainname. Banners are fine, space about 10+mb, browser uploads, online html-editor=a must since we'll sometimes work with the site on my pc. She won't use my paid host since she doesn't have a credit card.

I have tried Net Cabins (only ftp), Virtual Ave (only business sites), Twu.net (weird tos), Name Zero (she hates the adframe)...So, are there others?

Why not download one of the free ftp programs (like WS FTP) from Tucows.com and use Net Cabins or Xoasis.com? It so much better than messing with a browser upload.

Originally posted by Mellow
She won't use my paid host since she doesn't have a credit card.

Tell her you accept cash :) Sorry, I don't know which ones have on-line site builders, but maybe the rest of the FWS crew here does?

FWS crew?

You can always use a CGI host with FTP and install your own web-based editor....

That's actually not a bad idea. It might be tough to find one that allows cgi, but if you can, there are many online editors available for free at places such as http://www.hotscripts.com

If you can't find what you want, make it! :)

Try Webexplorer (found on hotscripts)

It looks good and I think it supports CGI

If not, I remember seeing one there that does.

I have heard that Aboveworld services don't work correctly, so if you have no other choice Freewebsites.com would be your option.

Back