• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

downloads/abandonware for Win 3.11?

trekchick

Hi,

does anybody know here of sites that store downloads/abandonware for Win 3.11? I mean programs that run on a x86 CPU with Win 3.1/3.11 as OS.

I'm especially interested in word processing programs and stuff to do with the internet and webdesign. Specifically I'm looking for Netscape 1.2, the old Mosaic browser or early versions of IE.

Second, is there any way one could get a working version of Win 95? (For first time installing.)

I'm also looking for a place to buy a (14kb/s ?) modem compatible with the above.

I'm resurrecting my old baby.

trekchick

Last edited:
Windows 95

TrekChick-

I believe I have an OEM copy of Windows 95 that you're welcome to have. Email me if you want it.

Alex
(alex@hyperionfleet.com)

The abandonware is probably just illegal copies of old software, though there may be freeware available. There was plenty at the time.

If alexnguyen owns his copy of Win95 and is willing to mail it to trekchick, that is fine.

All Netscapes (except 5.0), including Mosaic, are available freely online. I don't know about IE but I'd assume the same for it.

Originally posted by trekchick

Second, is there any way one could get a working version of Win 95? (For first time installing.)

I'm also looking for a place to buy a (14kb/s ?) modem compatible with the above.

I'm resurrecting my old baby.

trekchick

What computer is it? 486? DX? SX? or a very old Pentium?

Thanks for all your replies.

Theo: It was a 386 in the beginning ('92), but it crashed several times and got fixes, the last in '96. Don't know what is running it right now, but I suppose it is either a 386 or a 486. I'm somewhat clueless when it comes to hardware, but it is definitely no Pentium.

Like for a free html editor? And a converter from txt to html?

trekchick

<<MOD NOTE: You can ask for freeware, but not for warez sites>>

Last edited by a moderator:
Back