• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

End on Spaceports as Free Host?

jiminsd

I've been reading that Spaceports may be down to the last count. They have stoped their click payment program and it looks like they might become a low cost pay host soon. Anyone got anything else on this?

i doubt that spaceports will go ... they have reduced data-transfer limits to 5 gig .. and now get ALL ad revenue.

Spaceports is an ok host ... which would be betting by allowing cgi scripts to be used in main site.

Yeah, I'll bet it was the 10 cents per click thing that caused them to lose $30,000 a month in the first place as of late. They'll probably survive.

i can't stand spaceports anymore. When they were making money, the company was pretty good, now the tech support, speed, and all of their "features" have just gotten worse and worse. There are other hosts out there, trust me, stay away from a dying company

I wonder that if they do change to a low cost host, will they be any good? They are owned by Tera-Byte and their servers always seemed fairly fast. What features and how much? That part of it could be interesting.

Back