• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Eservers Provided Transfer Beats Rackshack's

Originally posted by Haze

I would have to agree that is is worth the wait. The service has been excellent. Its just that we have clients on a "waiting list" for our next server. I'm a bit hesitant if we will order another as yet.

We just ordered another dual 1.13 from them :)... trying to move away from Rackshack still hopefully by the end of july we will be fully out of the RS facility

Unfortunatly we have clients that want to stay at rackshack. We also provide a few redundant services with our rackshack servers ( unfortunatly ) for a couple of our bigger clients. BTW Robert, how long did it take RS to take the servers off your bill from the time you cancelled them?

Here's a little question that might be somewhat off topic.

Are any of you familiar with eservers or RS's policy on bandwidth?
They say it is burstable, but how burstable? At my current host I am bursting up to 16Mbps at times, 16% of of the 100Mbps port my server is on. I would like to move to eservers, but not if they would have a problem with the occasional (sustained) spike.

RS are bustable to 100 Mbps, but oversell, meaning it may not always be available. You may only be able to burst up to 5 Mbps at times, depending on the local network traffic.

I believe eServers are burtable to 100 Mbps as well, and they provide a 1:1 bandwidth ratio. Here is a quote from there site:

"Many providers oversell their bandwidth, this means that if all their customers started to use more bandwidth then they would not have the capacity to handle this and as a result your servers would be very difficult and slow to access.
At eServers dot Biz we guarantee that we have a 1:1 contention ratio on bandwidth. This means that we will always have enough bandwidth to service every single customer at their full capacity."

You may want to contact both companies and work it out with them that way.

Originally posted by Haze
Unfortunatly we have clients that want to stay at rackshack. We also provide a few redundant services with our rackshack servers ( unfortunatly ) for a couple of our bigger clients. BTW Robert, how long did it take RS to take the servers off your bill from the time you cancelled them?

After we submit a cancellation request it takes around 24 hours for them to pull the server. Im guessing they cancel the billing at the same time.

Back