• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

forum hosting?

rapmaster

whats the best paid host to put a web forum on? I'm thinking of putting up like a phpbb or burning board up and I need a good host with pleanty of bw, php4, and a mysql db that isn't going to delete me for puting a forum on their server and who is reliable enough that I dont have to wait 6 hours for the page to load.

I don't think that there is a host that will allow (I'm talking about shared hosting) you do whatever you want with your forum. And if you have a really busy forum then for sure you'll have problems with any host.

Come on, everyone could understand that. No need you to specify!!!!

Last edited:
Hey,

A board would have to be at WHT standards before it needed a dedicated. PHP/MySQL boards are quite kind on the hardware. The new phpBB2 is really excellent for a free board. All our resellers use it.

It all depends on what you mean by plenty of bandwidth. Discount Hosting works great for forums, and 5 GB/month should fit a forum with a fair number of posts per day... and then when the forums get really popular you'd upgrade to another host.

Last edited:
PhpBB is kind on CPU usage, but if it gets to be busy like this one, you will need a dedicated server.

Back