• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

free domain name hosting with no banners

itbusiness

Is there any free web host offering domain name hosting with no banners or ads

Thanx friends,

<<MOD EDIT>>
1. Spam and referral links are not allowed. You can not promote your own website here. And you're not allowed to post a URL where you get money or some type of compensation by referring others. It is however ok to post your website URL in your profile and/or in your signature.
<</MOD EDIT>>

Last edited by a moderator:
If you mean a service which will host a domain you've already bought, try DotEasy. But it's not too feature-rich: just plain HTML pages, mostly, no CGI, no SSI, no fancy bells and whistles. Check their TOS carefully. I think there might be email ads.

Portland does www.portland.co.uk

100mb month transfer limit though and there server can be a little problematic..

They host their site on the same server as all their users so monitor that carefully.

Looks like the best deal is offered by

<<MOD EDIT>>
1. Spam and referral links are not allowed. You can not promote your own website here. And you're not allowed to post a URL where you get money or some type of compensation by referring others. It is however ok to post your website URL in your profile and/or in your signature.
<</MOD EDIT>>

I agree with you, probably it cannot be called free, maybe it can be called almost free. It is like buying soap and getting soap case free. However, I have been combing the web for a free domain name host without any banner and couldn't as yet find one. All the web sites listed above including

<<MOD EDIT>>
<</MOD EDIT>>

are like this only. Only I like <<MOD EDIT>> deal best among all. But, can anyone suggest absolutely free web host.

DotEasy is much better if you haven't registered the domain yet, since it's a lot cheaper to buy it through them than to pay the transfer fee, but if you already have the domain and need it transfered that's harder to find.

Portland is slow and doesn't have much bandwidth. The Social Reject isn't accepting new members for a while. BarrysWorld could be a good choice, but they'll only host non commercial sites free, so if you have any revenue you have to pay.

Yes, probably if u have domain and don't need to host more than HTML page, theses are good.

The prices at <<MOD EDIT>>
<</MOD EDIT>>

are same, even for a existing domain name (they transfer and renew the domain). For the same features as <<MOD EDIT>> US $ 35+20) , doteasy was costing US $ 18 + 60 and in case of domain transfer, it is US $ 35 + 60 !

so, it is kinda confusing

<<MOD NOTE>>
What is confusing is that you thought you could start a thread promoting your own service, and list your URL in nearly ever post you make.
<</MOD NOTE>>

You can a have alot more than HTML at discounthosting, just not CGI. $ 35+20 isn't that cheap at all. There are a hell of a lot of hosts around $50.

Yes they do. But as <<MOD EDIT>> they DON'T offer it for FREE.

<<MOD NOTE>>
Agreed, and edited due to shameless self-promotion on the forums by the person who owns the domain (not you).
<</MOD NOTE>>

Hi all - I've already registered my domain name and have mydomain.com stealth redirection to a freehost. The problem is I am using freedomainspace.com and all day today it's been unreachable. Freedomainspace.com is down.

I am looking for a somewhat reliable freehost with 10-20mb ftp/or browser upload is fine no banner ads, and i don't need any fancy stuff like cgi, etc.. Can anyone maybe point me to a decent host where i can use stealth redirection? I have searched this site.. and i really just want input from some of you forum members.

Thanks
-chelle- ;)

I realize that.. yesterday freedomainspace.com was down for the whole day.. ughh.. its up now but i'm not sure for how long. I need a more stable host who doesn't go down for a day.. I do already have an account at F2S but lately they have been really slow for me and the pages take forever to appear.. I guess my only alternative to a more stable host is a pay one... I'm not really wanting to go that way right now.

Anyway, thanks..

-chelle-

Back