• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Free domain name?

Ryan_man

Hey all,
I have a question. I registered my domain (www.ultrapcgamers.net) about 11 months ago, and it's just about up. Now, I don't want to pay anymore for my domain, but I still want a domain address.

Are there any good free domain services out there? Like emisp used to be....

I don't know about "good", but free .ru, .ar and *.*.kg are often mentioned in reply to such queries in this forum.

With namezero just regester you domaim for free, create your index page with flash intro or something on it and open the actual site in a new widow, thus gettin rid of the large banner

Hmmmm you will loose your domain after 1 year if you don't pay...
I suggest you just pay for your own domain name like you did before... so you will avoid lots of problems.

Answer: I live in Canada, and don't have a credit card. That means that it would cost like $40 here including shipping.

Can't help with the credit card situation, but check out godaddy.com, $8.95 per year, very cheap!

Just registered my first domain name there yesterday,
seemed easy enough.

why is it $40 with shipping. I lived in New York and sent a DirecTv receiver and 2 LNBs to vancouver the other side if the continent for $4.75 air mail so why will a letter with $8.00 inside cost $32.00 to ship

Exchange rate. take your USD and add %60. So 1 dollar Canadian equals 1.60. If I were to send a check it costs like $40 for fees. I dont have a credit card... so I might be in trouble :(

The contest was for my web server. I just had to come up with a good new name for a joke/story website. And I won a free domain name :) the name will be released later :)

Back